The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pondering today, I really want to put some wheels on my truck, but I HATE the big rig 10 lug look (sorry for any who have them). So I was thinking what do you guys think about 3rd Gen Wheels? I have not seen any Dually's w/ 3rd Gen wheels, so I think it would be a unique look.

Nathaniel

·
2,655 Posts
Grabb a set of 16" Alcoa's. I saw a new set for 500 bucks the other day. The cool kind too! They had the oblong or triangular looking holes, not punched round holes.

·
307 Posts
BLACK WHEELS!!! Have you ever seen a dually with black wheels? I don't have a pic or address. I have seen some with black five spokes like the "RBP's" or the "rock star". With the right color truck it would be awesome!!!!! JMO:Thumbup:

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about Black wheels...I am gonna black out the whole thing, it would look kinda bad @#$!!!

Nathaniel

·
307 Posts
Heck ya, I'm doing the same thing, I'm not going to post any pics until its finished though, Semi flat black is the main thing, all over NO CHROME!!!! Maybe the lug nuts and an emblem or 2 with some red letters but thats it, Have you seen "rob & big" with the Murdered out tahoe or yukon or whatever it is?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Rich said:
Grabb a set of 16" Alcoa's. I saw a new set for 500 bucks the other day. The cool kind too! They had the oblong or triangular looking holes, not punched round holes.
I like Alcoa's too.

·
2,655 Posts
FYI..... don't torque the heck out'a your studs. I've seen more busted studs from gun-happy impacts than from anything else. Know your torque specs and use a torque wrench.

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
HCCUMMINSSMOKE said:
I thought about Black wheels...I am gonna black out the whole thing, it would look kinda bad @#$!!!

Nathaniel
that would look good.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My only problem is that I dont wanna spend a $^&* load of money on wheels to work on the farm in...I just want something different.

Nathaniel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts