The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
coreystroke02
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. At what point during upgrading a truck will a person need a HPOS? My truck is just chipped, would it help the power any if I added a HPOS? Then what about the fuel system. Does it need to be upgraded? Any help would be appreciated. Just looking to make more power, but I want to go about it in the right way.

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
Since you have an 02 you have the powdered metal rods so you are limited to the horsepower you can make. Your truck wouldn't see much from adding the systems you described. If you are looking to add injectors down the road then yes you should thinking about upgrading both of those systems. There are some dyno graphs here from 4cstr to see his gains from addin a HPOS: http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8624&d=1169060785 he also already had a upgraded fuel system. I think another upgrade for you would be to try a TS Performance or DP Tuner chip over the Banks chip you currently have. Hope this helps some.

Dave

·
1,921 Posts
Cost for the gains get injectors first. You can get some pretty good running hybrid injectors that are going to get you way more power than a HPO system. If you decide to go with injectors big enough to drop your oil pressure and have the money to spend then go with the HPO system.

·
2,106 Posts
coreystroke.....

Any chance that you could post a pic of the truck described in your signature??? I see it has tires the size of what I would like to use, I want to see if it looks as good as I think it would.

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I think every Power stroke out there would benifit from a HPOS stock or not.Once you have driven a truck with oil you would agree.The power is smooth and all the way through the pedal no drop off just constant pull.

I have purchased 3 different sets of inj's in my trucks lifetime and if I was too do it all over again I would have went with HPOS 1st.

http://www.terminatorengineering.com/

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts