The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Junior Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have around 6,000 miles and i am getting about 8.6... after a oil change at the dealer it bumbed up to 13. that only lasted for about 10 miles

i have read where people are getting alot better numbers?
 

·
I Eat Rice
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
these trucks dont start to "break in" until about 40,oook. Ive got almost a 100,000k on mine and the diesel tech said that my break in was almost done. Your milage should start coming up in 10-15,000miles.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,126 Posts
i have around 6,000 miles and i am getting about 8.6... after a oil change at the dealer it bumbed up to 13. that only lasted for about 10 miles

i have read where people are getting alot better numbers?
What type of truck?
 

·
Member
Joined
·
215 Posts
it a 08f-350 super cab
Same here.

I rolled over 10K this week, getting about 9.6 do to winter.

Summer is about 13, on the highway during road trips at 65 I can manage 16.

I just excepted it. My buddy with a Dodge Cummins gives me crap all the time but I can't stand Dodges body. He's getting 32MPG right now.

I try and only drive it when necessary, like winter, or lumber yard trips, otherwise I try not to go anywhere a lone, at least than I'm carpooling..LOL
 

·
git-r-done
Joined
·
457 Posts
I am so happy that I got the spartan tunes and the delete pipe. Guys, Unless you are really serious about keepung the truck factory, if you DRIVE your truck you will see a tremendous improvement in mileage.
I am averaging 13.4 mpg around town in winter and in the summer I can get 20-21 freeway empty and I seriously got 14.0mpg towing my 10,000lbs trailer on a 1000mi round trip.
Before, the best mileage that I got was 15.2mpg on the freeway empty.

I put the package on at 6400mi and didn't look back. I did keep the factory exhaust and in one piece just in case....but I highly doubt the nessity for it.
 

·
I like Pretty Girls!
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
32 MPG!!!! LOL You must be pulling him behind you that's why your mileage is low!! I don't live in flat country but the Chevs and Dodges get the same as me With me being Spartan tuned. Mid to high teens on the hiway empty, mine is pretty bad in town but that's my own fault.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
990 Posts
32 MPG!!!! LOL You must be pulling him behind you that's why your mileage is low!! I don't live in flat country but the Chevs and Dodges get the same as me With me being Spartan tuned. Mid to high teens on the hiway empty, mine is pretty bad in town but that's my own fault.
i have to agree with you. cause even the the guys who compete in mpg competitions get that with cng injection, water meth, and all kinds of other crap in reg cab short bed 2 wd lowered.! :thumbsup :haha:haha so i have to call b.s. on that. :thumbsup
 

·
Junior Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine does not move, if i'm plowing, in town,or on the interstate... it just stay at the 8.6 number..

not that i care that much, but more would be better

with adding the tunner do you void the warranty.. also about how much are we looking at?
 

·
is here and there.
Joined
·
10,573 Posts
My buddy with a Dodge Cummins gives me crap all the time but I can't stand Dodges body. He's getting 32MPG right now.
He sure as heck isn't running an 08, is he? IF he was accurate with his "readings" :haha
 

·
Member
Joined
·
215 Posts
He's running a 06' with a manual tranny, at 55 on the highway. Its a stock truck and he's using the built in meter to get his mileage. Neighbor has a 07' megacab pre DPF hes getting 24 on the highway using his on board computer. Both are 2500's and their forked tongues can be quite abusive at work.

I pretty much keep quiet partly because I gelled up once this year.

I love my truck got a big Lariat crew cab F350 with a full box. It suits me and mine very well couldn't be happier. Wish I made a bit more cash to help pay for it but all is well ATM.

I know I can hold just as many people and throw a full sheet of ply in the box, a few more times than they can.

They can run their mouths all they want, I couldn't be happier with my Ford.

Jeremy
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
990 Posts
there is just no way he can get 32 mpg in diesel power they did a article on jeff dean he has a duramax using cng (compressed natural gas)he took first place in the diesel power challenge with 38 mpg, while runner up only got 25 mpg. and take in mind that these guys are running purpose built trucks that this is all they do with these pickups is try and get the best mileage possible by running skinny tires, lowered, weight reduction and all sorts of other mods. and your trying to say or your buddy is saying that he is accomplishing the same with a mega cab running a six speed. NO WAY! if he is then he needs to enter in this challenge cause with a few of these guys mods he would kill them and probably get 60 MPG!!!! so tell him to enter and post videos or odometer readings and reciepts with calculations.
 

·
I like Pretty Girls!
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
Its like a fish story, all guys says what they have is better, bigger, faster la de da, 60% of guys do it in some way and the other 40% are liers!! lol

One day if you are ever going the same way fill your tanks up then when you get to the destination you can have the last laugh when he only beats you by 4 or 5 mpg not 20 or whatever!! then you can say that for the 5 bucks difference you have a way better truck!!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
990 Posts
Its like a fish story, all guys says what they have is better, bigger, faster la de da, 60% of guys do it in some way and the other 40% are liers!! lol

One day if you are ever going the same way fill your tanks up then when you get to the destination you can have the last laugh when he only beats you by 4 or 5 mpg not 20 or whatever!! then you can say that for the 5 bucks difference you have a way better truck!!
:haha:haha :happymugs
 

·
Junior Member
Joined
·
14 Posts
Its like a fish story, all guys says what they have is better, bigger, faster la de da, 60% of guys do it in some way and the other 40% are liers!! lol
Kind of like all the guys who post on the forums that their truck had an MSRP of $54,500 but they got it for $23,000 out the door. Um, yeah.......right. Even the ones who post believable prices never seem to mention the fact that the dealer only gave them $9000 on the '04 or '05 they traded. Like they always say......there are lies, damn lies, and then statistics!
 

·
Member
Joined
·
215 Posts
Kind of like all the guys who post on the forums that their truck had an MSRP of $54,500 but they got it for $23,000 out the door. Um, yeah.......right. Even the ones who post believable prices never seem to mention the fact that the dealer only gave them $9000 on the '04 or '05 they traded. Like they always say......there are lies, damn lies, and then statistics!
I walked out with a deal but not that good, I got 11K off the sticker with a 3K trade in. The dealer made $136 on the deal. I got a better deal with a special order than anything off the lot.

And back to the subject at hand. Talk is talk and it doesn't take anything to know I got a better truck in my eyes. Leather Ford interior is hands down nicer than the cloth Dodge interior.

I'm also packing a bigger fuel tank than they are, course their forked tongues at work again. "Ford puts the bigger tank in cause they don't have gas mileage."

Needless to say it doesn't take but one reset prior to a downhill tail wind run to work to achieve a higher MPG, even lasting a second or two is enough for them to claim the higher rate.

I just hope you all got a good laugh.

:happymugs

To Ford last to take a bailout...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top