The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to do head studs on my 6.4 but I am having no luck finding them! Nothing on ARP's web site, or Elite's. I know people have been doing them, so where did y'all get them and how much are they? Thanks guys!

·
307 Posts
Just curious but, why do you want to? The stock studs are stout and many folks push 50 psi and have never had an issue. The 6.4L bolts are larger than the 6.0L and don't see the failures.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Elite has them. That where I got mine

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
I want headstuds before I have issues...but I wanna do something stuff at the same time.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice to know that bolts are bigger than 6.0. I did not know that! Reason I want to put them in is because the cab is coming off for frame repair anyway! How much are the studs from Elite? Does anyone know why ARP is not listing them? Thanks!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice to know that bolts are bigger than 6.0. I did not know that! Reason I want to put them in is because the cab is coming off for frame repair anyway! How much are the studs from Elite? Does anyone know why ARP is not listing them? Thanks!
Your looking at around $1000 shipped from Elite.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
What's wrong with your frame??

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the late reply! I bought a salvage truck that I'm fixing up. That is the reason for the frame repair as well as my lack of time that I would like to spend on this site. I will have many questions for you guys in the future! As for now...........did you ever bite off more than you can chew? Sometimes I think I have!:bang:roflol:

·
14 Posts
What psi do you need studs on the 6.4?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I heard spartan ran 70psi of boost with there test truck stock just the tune,. Don't know the truth behind that but it sounds good.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I dont think thats accurate. 70 would probably be to much for the turbos.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
If they can push 70psi. I heard that too. The efficiency must be right in the toilet.

·
1,077 Posts
I agree. I could see maybe pushing that but not for very long. Then kerblamblamboomclunck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts