The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 lb7 thats been giving me some trouble lately.when i go to start it,it acts like its hydrolocked and then starts.its been smoking a little but i figured the injectors are leaking but the coolant keeps going low.i checked the oil level today and its way over full and feels very thin.i cracked the coolant cap and it was presurized after not being drivin for a few days.Oh yeah i also changed the water pump about a month ago,but the oil isnt milky at all. i dont drive it much i have a compny truck.Any help is much apperciated.head gasket?bad waterpump seal?injectors leaking into the cylinders and crank case???:bang

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
If you crack the drain plug after it sits for a bit the water will all be at the bottom, oil floats.

Could be...

Cracked block, cracked heads, oil cooler and the list goes on. Im not real familiar with the 6.6 so i will stand on the side line. Sorry to hear this.. Hope its a cheap simple fix for ya.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 01 lb7 did the same thing to me. It was a head gasket. Mine was the other way around my oil was filling up my coolant overflow tank. The system pressured against each other for awhile the the gasket just went. Are you running any programs or tunes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts