The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be neat to see where everyone camps out. Maybe a few of us have even crossed paths before. For us well do a lot a Harmonie State Park in New Harmony Indiana(the close to home place) we also do other state parks in Indiana as well as LBL Hillman ferry(KY/TN) Looking forward to the smoky mountains again.

·
7.3 addict
644 Posts
this thread needs a map /// montauk mo (trout park) st joe mo (atv park)

·
8,265 Posts
One of our favorite places to pull the fiver is Mahoney St. Park in Nebraska. Its located between Omaha and Lincoln.

·
1,386 Posts
A couple places we like to stay at are Dillon State Park in Nasport, OH and Mohican State Park in Loudonville, OH.

·
9 Posts
We go to Old Mill Stream in Lancaster, PA alot. It's a nice quiet little place.

·
467 Posts
we usually go to lake almanor Chester CA alot. This summer we are planning a trip to the Oregon dunes.:thumbsup

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Branson Mo, we own part of Treasure Lake Camp Grounds, Red Rock Canyon, OK, Buckskin Mountian State Park AZ we often camp host there, and next week we will go to Arbuckle OK for a few days. Soon we'd like to head out to full time it in the new RV, thinking of selling the sticks and bricks and just seeing the country again.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this thread needs a map /// montauk mo (trout park) st joe mo (atv park)
I have been to St. Joe Mo riding. it was a great trip. that was my senior year of high school. Just wish I would have taken a camera:bang: Only brought one bike home and it wasnt mine...

·
Dents..it's a work truck.
136 Posts
we like to go to Mohican State Park as well and some of the campgrounds in the loudenville area as well.

·
1,386 Posts
we like to go to Mohican State Park as well and some of the campgrounds in the loudenville area as well.
Mohican State Park is a really nice place. We've already made reservations for August. We'll be there for the entire week.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been to St. Joe Mo riding. it was a great trip. that was my senior year of high school. Just wish I would have taken a camera:bang: Only brought one bike broke home and it wasnt mine...
i had fix my last post.....

·
803 Posts
Mostly stay in PA. I have a seasonal site at Eagles Peak.
Over the last 5 years we have hit just about every campground within Eastern PA.

The family likes Eagles Peak, hence the seasonal site.

Hickory Run, Spring Gulch, Oak Creek. They were all good for family type activities.

·
1,661 Posts
Mostly stay in PA. I have a seasonal site at Eagles Peak.
Over the last 5 years we have hit just about every campground within Eastern PA.

The family likes Eagles Peak, hence the seasonal site.

Hickory Run, Spring Gulch, Oak Creek. They were all good for family type activities.
Same hear with all the campgrounds in SE PA,The best for me was upstate PA near wellsboro pa, Petticoat junction,No cell phone service,no tv or cable,and no planned activities, the kids had a play ground,converted RR for bike riding and a creek,the hardest part was getting them away from the creek to eat,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Look for the Dancin' 'Gators

Private MoHo Park, City Park, State Park, National Park, BLM land, Military Fam Camp, Wal-mart, and anywhere I can drop the levelers and put out the slide!! Summer 2009 it's up the mid-west to Mt. Rushmore, then the Stampede, NORTH to Alaska, and then back down the Pacific Coast.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
Richfield, Ut :thumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think my favorite place to camp EVER is Glendo Wyoming. We also go up to Lake Ganby CO, Merrit Reservoir Valentine NE and Lake McConaughy Ogallala NE at least once a year. We are headed to upper Michigan this summer if anyone has any suggestions.

·
Just Cowboy Up and Do It!
37 Posts
Camping on the Gulf, Destin FL. Not my personal favorite, I'm more of a mountains guy, but the wife and kids love parking our 5'er in the sand.

If you like the beach, this one can't be beat.

·
1,709 Posts
I am reading that most everyone camps at a state parks and so on. But that is not me.

About all that I have camped is just small places that is around home. Hillman Ferry Campground. In Land Between the Lakes. In Western KY. Other than that it is in a TENT out rough'n it.

·
211 Posts
I think my favorite place to camp EVER is Glendo Wyoming. We also go up to Lake Ganby CO, Merrit Reservoir Valentine NE and Lake McConaughy Ogallala NE at least once a year. We are headed to upper Michigan this summer if anyone has any suggestions.
If yer going to Michigan, don't forget to spend a day at Sleeping Bear dunes. There are other dunes up there that you can do some four-wheeling on, but I'm not sure where.

Check out the Mackinac bridge, and the Fitzgerald historical site.

Woody

Reactions: GhettoMedic

·
211 Posts
I am reading that most everyone camps at a state parks and so on. But that is not me.

About all that I have camped is just small places that is around home. Hillman Ferry Campground. In Land Between the Lakes. In Western KY. Other than that it is in a TENT out rough'n it.
I'm a big fan of the Red River Gorge/Daniel Boone NF area of Kentucky. Spent many nights there hiking around with nothing but a sleeping bag, and some food. No tent needed when there are caves to sleep in. If only the skunks would stay away!!!!!

Woody

1 - 20 of 101 Posts