The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Diesels and Fords (Jeep Guy) and the OEM radio has a AUX Button, Where is the connector to plug up to located?:wtf:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
2 Posts
Based on my experience you will need a PIE adapter to be able to connect to the rectangle CAN bus input in the back of the head unit Go to www.pie.net and you can read up on them. They have many different models that will allow you to connect everything form an IPOD to a 3.5mm stereo jack. For reference I had a factory 6 disc w/o MP3 capability.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Bcarriveau

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:rockThanks That is what i needed to know:happymugs

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Based on my experience you will need a PIE adapter to be able to connect to the rectangle CAN bus input in the back of the head unit Go to www.pie.net and you can read up on them. They have many different models that will allow you to connect everything form an IPOD to a 3.5mm stereo jack. For reference I had a factory 6 disc w/o MP3 capability.

I hope this helps!
Awesome site, the unit i was looking at was like 80 buxs :damnit this site has what i really want and need for only 30 !:woohoo

·
156 Posts
Auww man, thats what I was looking for too!!!! Thanks!

·
124 Posts
A little more info please. If I install one of these does it eliminate my ability to use the CD player in the truck? The instructions on the site kinda sounds like it does. Is the sound/stereo quality good when using one of these?

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
You would loos the ability for a 6 disc cd changer.

·
124 Posts
Darn, I was afraid of that. I'm sure there would be times when I would still want to play a CD every now and then. I guess my only choice is to look at a replacement radio.
Thanks.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Darn, I was afraid of that. I'm sure there would be times when I would still want to play a CD every now and then. I guess my only choice is to look at a replacement radio.
Thanks.
The cd player with the cd slot on your dash unit will work with it. If you have an after market cd changer unit usually mounted in the councel or under the rear seats would not work. But the cd in the head unit itself will still work!

Reactions: WUTZAT

·
124 Posts
Great! Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't really want to change out the factory radio.

·
124 Posts
Awesome site, the unit i was looking at was like 80 buxs :damnit this site has what i really want and need for only 30 !:woohoo
Finally getting around to getting one of these. I haven't had any luck finding one for under $80 bucks. Where did you get yours and what PN ? Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts