The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
1,077 Posts
They're all pretty much the same imo. I like the voliant and s&b's the best though.

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
S&B Intake for the price. Comes with a enclosed box with a plexiglass top so you can see the filter and a new elbow all the way to the turbo.

Price is about $270.00 at most.

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
The AFE and Airaid do if you don't have a DPF delete. Don't know if the S&B or Volant do.

·
1,077 Posts
Is your truck stock?

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
S&B best fit and finish plus no codes thrown.

·
1,077 Posts
yeah bone stock eventually putting a chip on it
If I was you I wouldn't waste my money. Just an intake alone doesn't do anything and depending on what programmer you get a green filter would be cheaper and have the same effect. Are you gonna be leaving the dpf on?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Ive got the AFE stg2 and am happy with it. Never a code and sounds good too.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts

·
24 Posts
I have the air raid, also with the afe intake tube and it threw a code, then removed it and took a break and just put the air raid back on a few weeks ago and no codes, only difference without the tube is the slightest difference in noise under low throttle build up, but really without anymajor mods youll only notice the intake when you punch it or on the highway, either way its not worth it unless your going to floor it at every stop just to get a little more growel but for all that money you spend its pointless. dont waste your time unless you do a dpf delete imo.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Its a drop in replacement filter that uses the OEM air box.

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
I love my S&B

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
The green drop in seem to work the best so far. I am about to test one on my brand 2009. I have had great feedback from customers.

·
773 Posts
I have the S&B with no complaints!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts