The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which auto air system is better? This will be the first truck I’ve ever added bags too.. It not an application that will be used every day just occasionally with Trailers and future 5th wheel; as well as, other loads in the bed….

http://www.fsip.com/riderite/applications/airrite/airrite_automatic.shtml

2332 Accessory Kit - Single Electronic Height Control
The single electronic air command inflates both air springs with equal pressure utilizing a heavy duty compressor and electric height control sensor.

Kit includes: Heavy-duty compressor, electric height control valve and sensor, linkage, air line tubing, wiring harness and fasteners

Or

2017 Accessory Kit - Dual Automatic Air Command
The 2017 offers the same performance as the 2186 but will inflate each air spring independently. Use with the 2047 or 2232 air accessory kits (see below).

Kit includes: (2) height control valves, linkage, air line tubing and fasteners
With
2232 Accessory Kit - Air Command
The 2232 offers the same capabilities of the 2047 kit with the exception of a 1 gallon air tank.

Kit includes: Heavy-duty compressor, 1 gallon air tank, 90/120 pressure switch, air line tubing, 25’ extension hose for tire inflation and fasteners.

·
Inline Junky!
1,705 Posts
depends if you wanna control the height or let the truck do its own thing! I have the dual air command and love it! But had to remove it from my truck for sled pulling. But i plan to install it in another truck some day

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What problems did it give you when sled pulling? I still want to sled pull. I live for a sled pull when I can make them. Would the other be better?

·
Inline Junky!
1,705 Posts
No problem with the product! Problem with the rules!:damnit All the local rules do not allow air bags to me hooked up to pull. Your required to unhook them at the bag before you pull! So every time i would unhook them i and re hook them i would spend a week casing leaks! So i gave up and took it all off. And one day i plan on getting a truck for daily driving and pulling a trailer so i plan on reusing them then!

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks.. I didn't think about that.. Hmmmm.. have to come up with a good quick disconnect or something.. Thanks for the replies!

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Reactions: Snowaholic

·
Registered
3 Posts
i dont have a onboard compressor with my setup but it works well for me. i dont change my pressure that often cause i pull the same trailer all the time. anyway i ran both air lines to the back next to the license plate and inflate or deflate from there. maybe u could pull the valve stems out to pull if u had this set up.

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Neel for the info!

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
no prob...I love my Pac-Brake bags and Air lift quick shot single setup...Let us know what you end up with. :thumbsup

·
Cummins Tower
83 Posts
i got air lift and got no problems

·
3,754 Posts
I have firestone air bags no compressor, just the bags and have had no problems

·
1,836 Posts
To uncouple air lines to the bags you might try a pushloc fitting, just keep it clean with a stub and cap when disconnected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts