The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which monitor is better?? The bullydog or the quad? They both seem to have more than just gauges. I do not want to lose my grab handle if I can help it. Thanks.

Jason

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
ive got the quad. ive heard a few people dont care for their outlooks....the commander is bigger and has a nice white screen. im waiting for the new updates to become available to confirm how much i like it. right now i got mine where the little cubby hole is under the radio...they make a pod that will fit under the grab handle on the pillar. dominator performance has a good price on the quad too btw. hope this helps!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't have either, but I like the fuel pressure option on the quad.

·
100 Posts
I have the Quad and its nice. I called them awhile ago and they said that they don't have a fuel pressure option for the Ford F250 (the person on the phone said that they did not know what a superduty was???) and that is why they sent me the Dodge kit??? The person also told me they doubt if they will make a Ford kit. They said that there was a magical way to use the Dodge parts, I don't know and I don't have time for bs games so I sent the fuel kit back. I'm still waiting for the pillar mount too. Not to happy with them, but its not a bad unit.

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
I have to say Quad right now and I dont even have one. BUT i have had the Outlook for right at 2 years now and have had to send it back about 3 different times. The first times was to replace it w/ a newer version so that wasn't so bad. I had to get LIPD send it back about 4 months ago because the light in it was always flashing on and off and Bullydog would never tell me how to get it resolved. I bought this straight from Bullydog after doing some beta testing for them so I didn't have a "dealer" to go through. It started acting up again the other night and now has gone completely out and when I contacted Bullydog they said I would need to send it back again, I asked them how I needed to return it and if I need a return authorization and they haven't contacted me yet on telling me how to do it.

The livewire looks nice but seems really big and right now it doesn't even monitor a lot of the stuff that the diesel world needs to monitor, now if they could get it set up to monitor fuel pressure, boost, egts, tran temp, water temp or atleast some of those then it would be the best out there...:smoke

·
TDG Singles Outlaw #10
1,097 Posts
JDeere5105 said:
Which monitor is better?? The bullydog or the quad? They both seem to have more than just gauges. I do not want to lose my grab handle if I can help it. Thanks.

Jason
With the BullyDog you won't have to remove your handle.
See my pic's in my sig.

·
1,291 Posts
hhrecovery said:
I have to say Quad right now and I dont even have one. BUT i have had the Outlook for right at 2 years now and have had to send it back about 3 different times. The first times was to replace it w/ a newer version so that wasn't so bad. I had to get LIPD send it back about 4 months ago because the light in it was always flashing on and off and Bullydog would never tell me how to get it resolved. I bought this straight from Bullydog after doing some beta testing for them so I didn't have a "dealer" to go through. It started acting up again the other night and now has gone completely out and when I contacted Bullydog they said I would need to send it back again, I asked them how I needed to return it and if I need a return authorization and they haven't contacted me yet on telling me how to do it.

The livewire looks nice but seems really big and right now it doesn't even monitor a lot of the stuff that the diesel world needs to monitor, now if they could get it set up to monitor fuel pressure, boost, egts, tran temp, water temp or atleast some of those then it would be the best out there...:smoke
it is very large and we will have all the sendors to monitor stuff shortly just goign to take us a fee to figure it out. If you want i will send it back again. I personel am leanign more and more toward the commander now that they have the mount

·
140 Posts
FSD said:
I have the Quad and its nice. I called them awhile ago and they said that they don't have a fuel pressure option for the Ford F250 (the person on the phone said that they did not know what a superduty was???) and that is why they sent me the Dodge kit??? The person also told me they doubt if they will make a Ford kit. They said that there was a magical way to use the Dodge parts, I don't know and I don't have time for bs games so I sent the fuel kit back. I'm still waiting for the pillar mount too. Not to happy with them, but its not a bad unit.
I would like to know who you spoke with so I can slap them upside their head!

Long story short there is now a part number for the 0-100psi sensor and it comes with a ground wire in case you want to remote mount the sensor with a fuel line extention that most are using. This was a mistake on our part but, we fixed it.

Also the newest flash should be released Friday and it is better than ever for everything and we corrected any glitches or incorrect readings we had previously.

I posted in another thread that we have a beta release for those that want to try and help find the bugs before we put it up for everyone and if you guys want that then just send me a pm and tomorrow evening I will get it to you.

Quad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts