In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should I do injectors or big oil first?

Which injectors and big oil system?

·
Registered
687 Posts
If nine people reply, you'll get nine different answers. Depends on what you want to do with the truck. Big Oil never hurts, even when your mostly stock elsewhere, and then its there when you start building up the rest of the motor.

·
608 Posts
ckbed said:
If nine people reply, you'll get nine different answers.
are you sure you would only get nine answers... :)

·
112 Posts
What do you do with your truck? Big Oil is not necessary with the right injectors. I will never have big oil, but I am going with 180cc Stage II singles and wont need it. Tow Rig and daily driver for me though.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Big oil is not necessary but it made a huge difference in my tow rig. IMO it was worth every penny I spent on it. If you can stand the flat stop on the top end then just do some good injectors like AC's or Hybrids with tuning.

DDP makes some of the best nozzles in the industry, however currently they don't mod the internals of the injector. However you can get built injectors from many places and get DDP nozzle on them if you want. Talk to your favorite injector builder for their options.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
I think i went back one day and read everypost on this. if you go with single shot injectors you wont need big oil. However everyone with Big Oil Swears up and down on it.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah everybody that has big oil says they love it so I think I am gonna get it a couple months after we get into our house.

then do some injectors and a get rid of the p.o.s. edge w/attitude and get a SCT I can't wait.

I mostly use the truck to pull my camper and quads, and my sleds in the winter. But I want to beable to smoke some cumaparts

·
1,726 Posts
You won't see the real benefit of injectors or big oil until you get a custom burned chip. My advice would be to get a good chip first, then do injectors or oil. Unless you have the money to do the chip also when you get the injectors or big oil.

·
Registered
790 Posts
kip said:
should I do injectors or big oil first?

Which injectors and big oil system?
Get a set of hybrid injectors with smaller nozzles. They will be capable of 450-500 rwhp with enough air and dual hpop wont be needed.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so with the hybrid injectors big oil isn't needed to 450 horse were do you get them?

·
Registered
790 Posts
www.beansdieselperformance.com

and no big oil is not required for them. Theres been tons of people put down 450-475 rwhp with hybrid injectors and a ball bearing turbo. H2e turbo would get you closer yet to 500 imo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts