The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've narrowed my choice down to a smarty jr, or the edge juice with att, so gentlemen am i better buying the smarty and all the gauges seperate, or going with the edge with its monitor...

05 5.9 auto 3:73 35" tires
magna flow muffler
[email protected] filter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
If your looking for power by all means go with the Smarty. If your just looking for a little change in performance and want to monitor the edge is the way to go. If you choose the edge let me know. I have an alomost new unit I'd make you a killer deal on. Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
drummerboydw said:
If you choose the edge let me know. I have an alomost new unit I'd make you a killer deal on. Hope this helps.
I might be interested,depending on what a 'killer deal' looks like. I'm not interested in totally geeking out my power yet because I don't want to drop big $$ on a new trans when my truck only has 11K on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
I have the Edge juice/attitude, and I like it. It has a lot of built in safety features, and you get good power. Now if I was doing it all over I probably would have went with the smarty, and got gages. The origional smarty, not the junior, Makes serious power. Hmm, Maybe, I'll get both....:sly:
 

·
CRAZY CANUCK
Joined
·
4,320 Posts
cbtoyz said:
I have the Edge juice/attitude, and I like it. It has a lot of built in safety features, and you get good power. Now if I was doing it all over I probably would have went with the smarty, and got gages. The origional smarty, not the junior, Makes serious power. Hmm, Maybe, I'll get both....:sly:
if he gets the edge he can get the HOT version that makes 180hp at the rear wheels... later on down the road when hes got the trans to back it up
id take the edge if your concerned about your trans, there are alot of safety features on it that you cant get on the smarty...

the smartyJr is cheaper to begin with but you have to get gauges and it only makes 100hp more than stock.. and there arent backdowns...

im not saying the smarty is bad, and it might not smoke your trans but there is always that chance that it will, if i had the money id get a NADP heavy hauler trans and the big boy smarty:popcorn:
 

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
Joined
·
169 Posts
Why not just do both? Do a Smarty and Juice with Attitude. Another guy on the Diesel Power forum is running that with a HTS and loves it
 

·
CRAZY CANUCK
Joined
·
4,320 Posts
JD5.9L said:
Why not just do both? Do a Smarty and Juice with Attitude. Another guy on the Diesel Power forum is running that with a HTS and loves it
he's trying to save his stock tranny..... lol, not instantly smoke it which would happen by stacking them two LOL!
 

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
Joined
·
169 Posts
Sorry didnt read that much. Man once you get into this performance [email protected], your hooked. Just plan on down the road stacking and going with a better Tranny. Obviously NOT ATS!!!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top