The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting a set of new new shocks on my 05 F350. I have a 8" Skyjacker lift with dual shocks in the front and singles in the back. I want to put hi end shocks on the front and then just some regular shocks for the rears. What brand should i go with? Fox, King, Pro Comp, Bilstein7100/9100??? I can get the pro comps MX6 for cheap but are they any good?

Hope you guys can help, this truck or should i say tractor is killing me!!!!

Thanks guys

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
pro comps!!!!!!!!!!!! best shocks ever made

·
shes smart!
161 Posts
:iagree Also the fox shocks are really good but they are alil more expencive so its really whatever your wantin to pay.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
i run procomps on my truck.. all my friends besides 2 run procomps.. even with jumping my truck ( mistake ) the shocks held up perfectly fine... so thats saying something

·
571 Posts
Bilsteins or Donahoe Racing. Unless you're off road racing you don't need reseviors and the DR's are specifically valved for our trucks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks sabbath, are you using the MX6s?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Wow.....with Fox, King and Bilstein 7100/9100 on the list I wouldn't really have though of grouping Pro Comp with them.....

I'd vote for the Kings, Bilsteins, Fox or Sway-a-Way....assuming they are valved properly for your truck.

Now, your shocks aren't the entire reason that you aren't satisfied with the current ride of your truck.
IMO, a lot of that is from the Skyjacker suspension on your truck (springs and design of the lift itself).

To get the best ride, you need to change up the suspension along with the shocks. You could go with a King or SAW coilover and do a *good* 4-link to get a real nice ride.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
2 Posts
Id vote bilstein. I have the 5100's on my truck with a 4" lift and could not be happier. just my .02

Aaron

·
571 Posts
DC, I was thinking the same thing....but I didn't want to hurt anyones feelers

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I try not to hurt anyone's feelings......while being honest about product specs and quality :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No Prob DC, I know the Skyjacker lift is the big prob. Even when i first got the truck and the shock were still good did it ride pretty ruff. Im pretty much just looking to find something that will ride some what ok until i can get into a 08 where im going Rize or Fabtech for sure!

Thanks for the input guys!

PS.whats a good site to get good deals on shocks? Also, I see a Rize lift kit on ebay for an 08 that you can buy for 2500. Is that real? every other place i price out Rize is close to 5000...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Check with Marty at Truck Toyz.

He could get you setup with a good shock.

The Rize kit on ebay for $2500.....what did it include?
Couldn't have been rear springs.....jobber or map (whatever rize uses as minimum pricing) is over a grand just on the rear springs for the 08s.

If you do a 8" Rize for a 08 with rear springs, good shocks, dual stabilizers and traction bars...it adds up quick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts