The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about getting some nice exhaust stacks and was wondering if grand rocks or mbrp makes better stacks??? planning on gettin either 5 or 6 inch dual stacks... and also are these difficult to install?? and do they require any special tools??? please help me!!!

·
4,158 Posts
Grand rocks will most likely be a little cheaper. You basically just run the exhaust from the DP to under the bed you have to cut a hole in the bed for the exhaust and mount them from there. Pretty simple install, and sound great too.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
cumminspower5.9 said:
i am thinking about getting some nice exhaust stacks and was wondering if grand rocks or mbrp makes better stacks??? planning on gettin either 5 or 6 inch dual stacks... and also are these difficult to install?? and do they require any special tools??? please help me!!!
Depending on what you're looking for, will depend on what you spend. If you do not mind aluminized exhaust, then ours is the way to go. You can get a Universal kit from us, which will use the existing exhaust on your truck, or if its time for an up-grade, you can get a complete Turbo Back system. The stacks are a triple plated chrome, and as long as you take care of your truck, the stacks will last you just as long. No real special tools will be needed. You'll need a 4"-4.5" hole saw, and a skill saw to trim the hole to size. Other than that, you'll need some drill bits, and thats about it for power tools. Our Y-pipes are 5", and get reduced down to 4" at the inlet. I have a list of distributors I can give ya, just let me know, and I will PM you, or if you'd rather have them in an Email I can do that also!

View attachment 9436

Attachments

·
313 Posts
thanks josh for getting them to me on friday. they look good don't they?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 6" dual mitre cuts on my Dodge. They are MBRP. I was going to get grand rock, but they did not have any 6" mitre cut in stock and I did not want to wait. I am very satisfied with the MBRP. Also I think the grand rock's are chrome, and the MBRP is polished stainless, so it won't ever flake off. pretty simple to install, the hard part is buying a 5" hole saw for $50 bucks just to cut one hole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts