The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an early 99 that id like to put a tuner into, i have an EGT & boost gauge to keep an eye on things. right now it has the stock exhaust but straight piped and the factory "big" air box, but i am planning on going to either a 3.5" dp and 4" cat back or 4" dp and 5" cat back and also an AFE cai. im looking for the most power i can get out of this thing unloaded and at no more then 25psi. a flip chip or programmer is what im after, i do tow from time to time, anything from a 2 place enclosed sled trailor to a 24 ft enclosed car trailor, so ill need to be able to tame things down a bit when nessisary. also which tuner(s) help with shift points and converter lock up? i love how the torque shifts are in the new 6.0s, the rpms always stay close on every shift, on my 99 the shifts bang and bump,it gets annoying fast. it just seems like the converter should stay unlocked longer, especially in 2nd and 3rd.

·
Registered
52 Posts
diesel inovations :Thumbup:

i love mine!!!

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how is the 140hp setting? do u monitor EGTs at all? big difference on that setting compared to the 100hp one?

·
Registered
52 Posts
egts jump quick...but managable...decent upgrade from the 110 setting...but lotsa smoke...

·
6,337 Posts
:Thumbup: I've had superchips, TS and DI chips and programing. So far the best is DI, but I've got some new guys to try out (but I'm waiting for someone:poke: )

DP is said to be one of the best but he wont burn on my chips, and I don't need a 4th chip...:umno: But I haven't heard ANYTHING bad about DP tuner.:Thumbup:

Gotta have gauges, you'll cook it in no time!!!:smoke:

·
Registered
325 Posts
evolution

·
361 Posts
I've tried a few and I like my DP.

·
STROKIN' IT
287 Posts
ive had superchips and now have a TS and the TS is gonna be therre for good!!! i love it!! stock, hi idle, 50, 75, 100, 145+

1 - 9 of 9 Posts