The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to tune my truck, which is stock right now. I've never used a tuner before. Which is easiest to use, and has the best gauges? I'm looking at an SCT Livewire with Custom tunes from Eric at Innovative. Or a H&S Black Maxx with KEM Custom tunes. I'm going to buy a complete Delete setup as well,(DPF and DOC). Now for the hard part. Which is better?

·
606 Posts
I don't have the Black Maxx but do have the Mini. Also have Kem tunes. Very happy with both. Shift on the fly is a plus.

Reactions: fine69

·
100 Posts
Fine, I'm running the spartan set up now. Like the 250 tune except for the shifting. I'm actually thinking of contacting kem and weighing my options between the two. I mostly run the 210 as a dd. I got my stuff through Rudy's diesel, great guy to talk to. i think he carries all that you named. Knows his stuff.

Reactions: fine69

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Fine, I'm running the spartan set up now. Like the 250 tune except for the shifting. I'm actually thinking of contacting kem and weighing my options between the two. I mostly run the 210 as a dd. I got my stuff through Rudy's diesel, great guy to talk to. i think he carries all that you named. Knows his stuff.
Have you considered updating to the latest tuning files? We have improved shifting with the 250 tune (along with several other tunes), and you also get the 275 tune for free if your tuner is a level 1. Just food for thought. :thumbsup

·
393 Posts
Have you considered updating to the latest tuning files? We have improved shifting with the 250 tune (along with several other tunes), and you also get the 275 tune for free if your tuner is a level 1. Just food for thought. :thumbsup[/QUOTE

Finally updated my old DashDaq to flash strategy and am running the new 250 tune. Shifts with this new & improved tune is much, much better.

I'm having to run the 250 no EGR tune because the standard 250 is throwing codes.

Any update on the next batch of improvements, Jeff?

That's one thing (among many) that's good about going with Spartan. They are continually improving their products.

·
393 Posts
Love the way the spartan works, but I'm a stick. Adrianspeeder
MARINES - Making Things Safe for the Army

Just a little joke from my son, the Gunnery Sgt.

At this time when we celebrate our freedom, I'd like to thank you personally, along with all the men & women who have served, made the ultimate sacrifice or are currently serving our great country.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts