The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 f 350 srw 2wd. I HAVE K&N INTAKE, MAGNA FLOW 4 INCH EXHAUST TURBO BACK, EDGE JUCIED WITH ATTITUDE I STACK IT WITH A SCT HAND HELD TUNER, TRANS GO SHIFT KIT WITH A DEEP SUMP TRANNY PAN. I NEED TO UPGRADE MY TURBO. WHAT DO YOU RECOMEND? I WILL PROBABLY DO INJECTORS DOWN THE ROAD.

·
Registered
394 Posts
H2E if it were me LOL

·
Registered
657 Posts
I would say the Garrett BB, I've never had a problem with mine, and heard the TN isn't what it's all hyped up to be.

·
128 Posts
I10HaulR said:
I would say the Garrett BB, I've never had a problem with mine, and heard the TN isn't what it's all hyped up to be.
Yep.. Just pullled my TN and have a Garrett GTP38R BB sitting in front of me ready to go in tommorrow!

·
6,337 Posts
Go with the Turbonetics Ball Bearing... You will not be sorry... The Garrett can (and in my case WILL) surge. The Turbonetics has a 1 year REPLACEMENT warranty even if used in competition... The Garrett has NO warranty... The Turbonetics does NOT leak oil, the Garrett can (and in my case DID) leak oil past the compressor O rings... The Turbonetics can be rebuilt, the Garrett CAN NOT...

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
T-110

·
6,337 Posts
silver8ts said:
which housing do you recomend

The only housing that is avalable with the TN BB is the 1.00 now. The only reason for the older unit to have a .84 was to help with bottom end spool.

At some point I hope to get a 1.15 housing and send it to Brian to get fixed up for the TN BB, then try it as well...

·
6,337 Posts
silver8ts said:
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR TN ANY MAJOR PROBLEMS
He did not like the price for the upgrade from the standard to the new Ball Bearing center section. This is what I gather from other forums...

·
112 Posts
Go with Turbonetics and buy it from Black Widow Diesel!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS. I'M GOING TO GO WITH THE TN, BETTER Waranty! now all i need to do is find the best price!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts