·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey what kind of turbo should i use on my 98 24v 3500 5spd
after 150 injector edgejuice with attitude stage 2 cold air and a vp44:shrug:

·
393 Posts
It kind of depends on what you are going to use the truck for. I would look at the High Tech series turbos. Probably a quick diesel for the amount of fuel you will be running. You could also go with a SPS turbo from II.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hauling and pullin the sled

·
393 Posts
Hauling A-- or Hauling a trailer?
I would still go with a turbo in the 64/-- range. The 24v Vp trucks don't seem to spool the larger (66mm and larger) as well as a 12v or CR. The 64 should have good street manners and keep it cool.
Given what I just said, there are guys out there that drive with a 66/-- on the street. It would probably be the better turbo for sledpulling if you have the fuel, but I think you would lose street manners.
The 99 in my sig has a 62/14 and it is fun to drive on the street and makes good power. Can't really comment on the sledpulling, because in the 2 hooks with it we were severely traction challenged so we never really lugged it down. But for a daily driver it is awsome.

·
1,291 Posts
I like the new Garrett BB unit. They have are good ont he street cause of the fast spool up and are price resonably

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
about how much does the bb garrett turbo cost

·
393 Posts
They are a little cheaper than the High Tech Series turbos or SPS turbos. They tend to spool quicker because they are a ballbearing turbo. They are oil and water cooled and unless they have changed they have a 3" outlet. Some people don't go this direction due to the ball bearings and the outlet size, but I have no experience with them. What I have read is that the ball bearing turbos don't tend to last as long, and that once they start to go they won't limp along like the others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts