The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my head I have sorta alotted 3K for the truck. I am thinking about Cobb's spartan package with a Snow Stage 3 kit, but I have also tossed the idea of getting a sperco instead... I'm alil worried about EGT's seeing what weavers truck can do with the 275 and the hot texas heat on the rise. What do you guys think? I probly wouldn't mess much with meth, just water..atleast till that little bug tells me to push it alil more.:haha

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i guess neither is an option too and save up / take care of some little things like coolant filter, CCV, billet side vents and wait for fuel...

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
I can say one thing for sure. John treats his customers right. He'll go through the DahsDaq and make sure it ready to go when you get it. I say go for it...

·
5,365 Posts
INSTALL AN ALARM 1st !

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
intercooler is almost pointless without a new uncrimped bend, i would go with nitrous ian!!!!!!!!!

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
intercooler is almost pointless without a new uncrimped bend, i would go with nitrous ian!!!!!!!!!
Your sayin that because it's MY truck hahaha.

Thats why we need onebadF150 come start makin pipes!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Would not waste money on the water/meth, the EGTs are not bad..you can get spikes here and there, but most the time they are very manageable..nothing at all to worry about.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Running the V3 I can barely hit 1500 on a fairly steep hill with 37's and over 2000pnds in the box.
I havent run it yet in really warm weather yet either so I am not sure how much of a difference that will make.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought Josh said we hit like 1700 on a run to about 75 the other day... probly 70's out. But maybe he, or I was wrong.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
i can hit as high as i want, with pedal to the floor, and go to about 65 or 70 ill prolly hit 1600 with the V2, with the V3, the egt climbs slower but i didnt like the way the tune felt, so i switched back

the egts are easily controlled, only time you should have a problem is when you are pushing the pedal through the floor, and on top of that, only on long periods if time (ex. 1/4 mile)

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I have hit 1800 empty with the V2 and not even trying that hard..!!

When I installed the V3 I thought something was wrong because it was that much of a difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts