The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you want the absolute most whistle possible from a 7.3, what would you have to do?

just trying to get an idea if a turbo swap is necessary or if they make impellers that whistle more or what...

thanks

·
6,337 Posts
WW will get you some as will an ATS housing, are you wanting a sound out of the tail pipe, or in the cab? Removing the insulation on the intercooler tube will add some as well...

·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
out the pipe, thanks.

·
6,337 Posts
I've got a 4" dual MBRP, an AEROTURBINE, WW, and ATS housing. It whistles good, but its no 6 leaker... Next is a GTP-38r BB turbo.

·
Registered
97 Posts
CSI, what kinda sound does the aeroturbine make with a diesel? Is it any different from the mbrp muffler?

·
706 Posts
nothings going to whistle like an 03 6.0,those suckers are loud. Straight piped exxhaust usually whistles louder.When you go with a bigger turbo they usually whistle less out the pipe,until you have them up to speed.The bigger turbo spins slow at a given RPM than the stocker,so less whistle until you crank it up.

·
6,337 Posts
00turboPSD said:
CSI, what kinda sound does the aeroturbine make with a diesel? Is it any different from the mbrp muffler?

It tends to exacerbate the turbo scream. I removed the MBRP muffler after the aero install so I really cant tell the "true" differance... SORRY...

·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks john. so if whistle is what im after, id be better off with the stocker over an upgraded ball bearing turbo?

csi, when you added the aeroturbine, you saw an increase in whistle? did ti quiet the rumble down at all?

thanks guys

·
6,337 Posts
The Aero took 90% of the blap out of the exhaust, not the best $200 I've spent but I'd do it again.

If your looking for turbo noise at anything above idle a BB will be the best. I'm getting one in the next month or sooner...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts