The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about switching my guages around. I'm currently running autometer ultralites and want to switch them out with the Danin Dipricol white faced chrome bezel gauges. I have pryo, boost(0-60), trans, and fuel(0-100 electric) and would like to add a HPOP gauge, but don't know if Dipricol make a white faced chrome bezel gauge to match the others to monitor high pressure oil.

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go with the Isspro gauges.
Honestly Bill, i've looked at the isspro gauges and i like the looks of the dipricol white faced gauges with the chrome bezel alot more. I've installed the dipricols in a few trucks and wish i would've went with them from the start. Not only that, i see that in order for any of the isspro gauges to work you need a damn processor/computer for it...i just don't like the whole isspro gauge setup at all and having to find a spot under the dash or hood to put the thing. I think when it comes time...I'll just switch the pyro, boost, trans, and fuel into a quad pod on the A-pillar in the dipricol white faced/chrome bezel gauge setup and just use the dipricol black face/black bezel HPOP gauge on the steering column. I just wish dipricol made the HPOP gauge in a white face/chrome bezel.

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dipricol doesn't make guages anymore. We've got the ISSPRO's in stock.
really? Damn that sucks. I'm gonna hafta really think about the isspro's and check them out again cause i just dont care for their setup.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Our EV2 series is standalone, no separate controller. We also have the white face model available with the chrome bezel, R19xxx instead of R14xxx with the black bezel (where the xxx is different for each gauge model). For example, the HPOP gauge would be R19255.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our EV2 series is standalone, no separate controller. We also have the white face model available with the chrome bezel, R19xxx instead of R14xxx with the black bezel (where the xxx is different for each gauge model). For example, the HPOP gauge would be R19255.

Regards,
Michael Pliska
Yeah i like the white face chrome bezel, but i don't like the blue needle and numbers lighting. I'd love it to match the factory gauge cluster lighting color tho.

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EV2 is the way togo.
what's the difference between the ev2 and the performax gauges? They look the same except one says EV2 and the other says performax.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
The Performax requires a control module that can run up to 17 gauges. It allows extra features like reviewing peak pressure/temp. The EV2 don't require any additional module. How often do you take the truck to the track? That would be a place you would see an advantage with the Performax Series.

Thanks,
Kenny
352-636-0812

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Performax requires a control module that can run up to 17 gauges. It allows extra features like reviewing peak pressure/temp. The EV2 don't require any additional module. How often do you take the truck to the track? That would be a place you would see an advantage with the Performax Series.

Thanks,
Kenny
352-636-0812
Thanks Kenny for clearifying that. I don't take it to the track hardly at all. Last time was back in '06 haha...just don't get time. Doesn't each EV2 gauge have a little control box? I remember a buddy of mine putting a set of Isspro gauges on a dodge a few years back and a few of them had boxes that had to get wired with the gauge.

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The EV2s have "control box" built in to each one. If you are only doing a couple of gauges, the EV2 will be less expensive.
You wouldn't have one of them with the "control box" that you can post a pic of...do ya? I would be replacing my autometer ultralites which consist of pyro, boost, trans and fuel...but adding the HPOP gauge.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
you are referring to the first generation EV, The box is external to the gauge. Call me I have a deal for you on the Performax package I purchased but never installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts