The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the truck 2 days ago,bought it at a dodge dealership,its a 2010 F-350 fx4,first diesel ,its stick with only 62,000 miles on it,my drive home was 2 hours long,by the time i got home it was smoking white smoke like a fog machine,no powerloss.Started it the next day,no smoke but noticed it has a cold air intake system and a mbrp complete exhaust on it,no programer.Had the codes ran,2 came up P0420 and P2452.Would this cause my white smoke.I think i got hosed by there guys.I bought it asis,but was told it had the remainder of the factory warrenty but was given no info,now i find out with this exhaust and all the emissions stuff removed,it voids whatever was left of the factory warrenty.Any thoughts and does any one know what the warrenty was from ford on these trucks.Thanks guys for newbie!Also today on my 10 min drive to work on the highway,by the time i pull in its smoking?

·
149 Posts
the codes are for the emissions system one says catalyst below threshold (P0420) and the other one is the DPF *Diesel Particulate Filter* (P2545)

you will need to get a tuner and have them write you a tune for the intake and the aftermarket exhaust that will shut off those sensors for the emissions codes.

as for the white smoke, I know some people say it's from the regen cycle for the DPF, a tuner will fix this because it will shut everything off. also could be a bad EGR cooler or even an EGR valve. best best is to get either an H&S Tuner or a Spartan tuner with a custom tune and have the DPF shut off in the program and go from there. if it still does it after I would look into the EGR Cooler or EGR Valve.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks,dealer finally returned my call,it was the General manager,all of a sudden i was supposed to get the tunner that came with the truvk,that no one told me about,i think he said it was a dashDaqII.any one know anything about this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts