The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Duramax Diesel with about 190,000 mile. It is running great, gauges are all normal, oil is not low, coolant level is fine, no dummy lights on, but it started blowing white smoke today. What are anyone's thoughts? Injectors?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Get your injectors checked out, you should still have injector warranty so take it to a stealer and see if they think its the injectors, and if it is you get new injectors for free :thumbsup

a healthy diesel should never "blow" white smoke, when the smoke is white it is raw unburnt fuel, where black is partly combusted, so your getting excessive fuel in your cylinders, thats not good

·
idunnoyet
231 Posts
Same thing happening to my dads truck, but it doesn't do it all the time, the water temp gauge is always a little low when this happens, any ideas?

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
I have a 2004 Duramax Diesel with about 190,000 mile. It is running great, gauges are all normal, oil is not low, coolant level is fine, no dummy lights on, but it started blowing white smoke today. What are anyone's thoughts? Injectors?

Fill out your sig and we can see what you have done to your truck,Also does it idle fine?and with it running go ang pull the oil fill cap off and see if it trys pushing its self off after you turn it to take of.Also take your oil dip stick and a clean paper towel and wipe it and smell it to see if you smell alot of fuel in the oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts