The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a white blue smoke coming out of my 1994 f 350 idi when warms up it stops but when u come to a red light and stop it pours out again also have milkish oil in the valve cover valve hose going to the air filter any suggestions

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
How often do you drive it and how often is the oil changed?????

The smoke sounds like retarded timing when cold, if the HPCA system is not working the fast idle and cold advance will not work, either can fail itself as well.

The milky substance is certainly moisture but it might be because you live in a humid area and it doesn't get hot enough long enough to get rid of the condensation in the oil.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the truck is drove every day to and from work witch is about 3 miles to house and 3 miles to work it is alot moisture and blow by i was just wandering it it was a bad head gasket or something the oil is changed every 5000 miles the fast idle and all that works it also loses about a gallon of water every week but not in oil also ive heard these motors have a real bad problem with moisture but i wouldnt say that much. it is to scary to see on mine

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
6 miles per day isn't enough to get the engine fully warmed up or the batteries fully recharged, that takes a one-way trip of 10 miles for most vehicles.

If you are adding to the coolant, you have a leak, the real question is where. The 7.3L IDIs were known for errosion of the Rt rear cylinder wall if the DCA level was not maintained correctly, this *might* be your problem. Or it might be something as simple as a weeping water pump, radiator or hose.

If the HG were leaking, there would be other problems as well. The fact that the "smoke" is worst when cold still leads us to the timing/fuel question.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see what ur saying i took the driver head off to day and number one cylinder is kind of pitted but i dont think coolant is getting in there because if it was that cylinder and piston would be real clean and no carbon build up on top of piston i would think also the gasket on that was out of shape but like u sayed the smoke is from the pump/timing deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts