The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont want to start a war but this forum is confusing as hell to me when it comes to vendors! :pointlaugh

I see kermit, froggy, bean, DI, ID, FBI, CIA, ATF???

Who are the big guns at tuning the 6.0 with SCT?

Thanks Guys

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Innovative & DJ, Kermit is good if you can get ahold of him, I have heard good things about ATS also...

I almost forgot about DP tuner working w/ the SCT also...

There are probably more but they just slip my mind

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
PSDPLAYER is his screenname, Doug is his name and Kermit/Froggy is his Nickname (because of his avatar), and Gonzo is his Race File

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Well,
Tadd (ATS) and Eric (Innovative Diesel) get my vote every time this question comes up...but Doug aka.froggy, DJ, and DP are all vary qualified and have tuned many of the Diesel Garage people's trucks.....I just have not personally ran them...If you tell us what your looking for (tow...race...ect..) some might be more specific in there response...The beauty is you can have them all ...and run the ones you want...
jschall

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looking for one all out race tune, one Mileage tune, and then a generic street file. I'm not big into smoke, just want more power.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ted at ID rocks, talked to him on the phone for about 1/2 hour. He explained everything to me without even having to ask him. Also helped me with a problem on other truck. Seems to be a pretty good crew over at ID. Cant wait to get the tuner!!!

Just my 2 cents...Jeff

·
6,337 Posts
Tadd at ATS gets my vote, his insanity....

·
1,252 Posts
Jakkle5 said:
looking for one all out race tune, one Mileage tune, and then a generic street file. I'm not big into smoke, just want more power.
I'm with DJ's. Tell us more about your truck. What year is it? Do you know your original computer code/tear tag? If you need instructions:

Here are instructions for the simplest way to get to the code:

Facing the truck it's on the right behind the battery. Remove the battery cover. Remove three plugs on that shiny thing which is your PCM. Remove two 10mm bolts. Remove PCM and turn it upside down. There's a little sticker that shows three letters and a number, i.e. YRE2, DAX0, TBS7, BKG9. That is your computer code/tear tag. I suggest you place the sticker on the right hand side of the PCM so you can always see it. If you don't remember what it is you can see it without the need to remove the PCM again.

Fordt is correct, it's all a matter of taste. We get complaints all the time about other vendors and I suppose they must receive about us also but one thing I can honestly say about DJ's is "we try to make you happy"

Thanks,
Vivian

·
963 Posts
Vivian/DJ are great people, and have excellent Customer service, plus the tunes a great.

I also have several tunes from Doug, including Gonzo, and boy is it fun.

Good luck on choosing, but you can't go wrong with any of the vendors on here!!!

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think i've narrowed it to ATS and there programmer. Is there programmer just a re-badged SCT? Looks like it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
No, it's a re-badge. The good news is, it uses all the same SCT tunes, software, etc. as all the other XCalibrator 2's. The only difference is the stickers. I agree w/ ATS, no since it reinventing the wheel on a great product. :Thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts