The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm currently running a DP Tuner chip from Jody that is awesome!! Jody's chip makes some incredible power. If you want the best call DP Tuner! Just my 2 cents.

Ben

·
6,337 Posts
What do you want a chip or a tuner? Chips, there all great, everyone just picks there fav and runs with it. I have TS, DI, and a ATS chip with Tadd's tunes on it. There all great chips, the TS has a older Fuel-7 program that is really aggressive, the DI 140 setting blows a smoke screen! The ATS 125 program is what I have been pulling on lately!

Tuners, ie programmers. I have run superchips and hypertech. The new SCT is a great option, DP can install three programs on it and you load them up, no shift on the fly but. The hypercrap is very weak comared to the rest, VERY safe...

·
4,024 Posts
bigdiesel502 said:
I'm currently running a DP Tuner chip from Jody that is awesome!! Jody's chip makes some incredible power. If you want the best call DP Tuner! Just my 2 cents.

Ben

:agreed: :agreed:

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
The SCT (www.sctflash) are, IMO the BEST programs out there.

Others *may* produce bigger numbers on the rollers, BUT, and it's a BIG BUT hw is the long-term reliability?

SCT is run by a former Ford Engineer, and even at FoMoCo most peole still agree he knows Fords better than anyone else on the planet.

·
6,337 Posts
John_G said:
The SCT (www.sctflash) are, IMO the BEST programs out there.

Others *may* produce bigger numbers on the rollers, BUT, and it's a BIG BUT hw is the long-term reliability?

SCT is run by a former Ford Engineer, and even at FoMoCo most peole still agree he knows Fords better than anyone else on the planet.
I agree they are some of the best "safe" programs. I feel once you have gone to a chip or programmer, I would rather have a HOT program to play with and a few concentrative ones to tow and daily drive with...

·
58 Posts
My vote would go to Tony Wildman!!!

·
342 Posts
There are some differences here...A chip, downloader or custom tune.

Downloaders are the most friendly "no rags no wrenchs" and 120hp, chips require some work and knowledge to be effective and not screw something up, custom tunes seem to take some work to get right and everytime you change something it's another new tune needed.

·
6,337 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
There are some differences here...A chip, downloader or custom tune.

Downloaders are the most friendly "no rags no wrenchs" and 120hp, chips require some work and knowledge to be effective and not screw something up, custom tunes seem to take some work to get right and everytime you change something it's another new tune needed.

Where do you get this stuff...LOL Tuners or programers are "generic" build for all codes and have nothing special too them. A chip is build for your code, your tranny codes. I have never seen a programer put down anywhere close to the HP claims they post, 70-80 hp max. My 125 hp program on my ATS chip adds 120 hp above the stock setting, and I can pull with it everyday.:evil:

·
342 Posts
I thought 125hp meant 125hp? Yours only gets an additional 120hp with all the other mods??? You might want to go back to ATS, I know they can do way better than that! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

It's all good!

·
6,337 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
I thought 125hp meant 125hp? Yours only gets an additional 120hp with all the other mods??? You might want to go back to ATS, I know they can do way better than that! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

It's all good!

I might do that, Tadd- your tunes dont get what you write on the chip:nunu: :roflmao: ...

But why dont you send me the best thing you have, I will test it, dyno it, return the product and post the findings... All at my expence, I bet your 125 makes....:shrug: 90 hp above stock:Thumbup: !!! Thats with my BB turbo, intake and exhaust. I'll leave the water meth off!

I'm waiting for your call!!!:poke:

·
342 Posts
You can buy one at most diesel shops. Then open the box plug it into the OBDII port and follow the simple instructions. If it doesn't do what it says, it has a 30 day money back guarantee. Can't be much simpler than that. No bragging no special programs just right out of the box. If it does what it says then you have 120HP and it only cost you $549.00 retail. I'm sure one of the vendors on here might even make you a sweet deal. Several of them sell Bully Dog Products. Nuff said!:popcorn:

·
6,337 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
You can buy one at most diesel shops. Then open the box plug it into the OBDII port and follow the simple instructions. If it doesn't do what it says, it has a 30 day money back guarantee. Can't be much simpler than that. No bragging no special programs just right out of the box. If it does what it says then you have 120HP and it only cost you $549.00 retail. I'm sure one of the vendors on here might even make you a sweet deal. Several of them sell Bully Dog Products. Nuff said!:popcorn:
I've had one, never put it on the dyno because the shifting was so bad, sold it and never looked back... Like I said, I HAVE used about everything out there...:Thumbup:

·
342 Posts
So I guess you weren't really serious about testing one, huh? One of the things that has always been great about the product is it's trans profile. So I suspect it was probably an improper installation. But, I guess we will never know.:shrug:

·
6,337 Posts
No, I'll test one, but I am not going to buy it again. Get me a lowner and I will test it and return it!!!

·
342 Posts
So I guess you figure you are going to have to buy it and keep it, huh?:muha

:deadhorse That's where this is going, opinions without facts are worthless.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts