The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy has the ID extreme street in his and its AWESOME! but you always gotta wonder if theres something even better out there, so what are your experiences?

·
185 Posts
I've tried many of them and won't name the bad ones- liked Innovatives the most so far but I am going to buy some from Elite soon. They seem to have a good handle on the 06 job 2 and newer trucks.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do you distinguish job1 and job2 6.0s from each other and whats the downside of having a job2?

·
185 Posts
Power Stroke said:
how do you distinguish job1 and job2 6.0s from each other and whats the downside of having a job2?
06' Job 2's are trucks built after 01/12/06 or right around there. They are called "commonization engines" and just have some changes to the cylinder heads to make the assy line switch to the 6.4L easier. They run good, it has just taken some time for the Custom SCT tuners to get the programming sorted out. My 06 stock runs much better than my 03 ever did stock but the 03 ran much better with a custom tune.:shrug:

·
Pursuit Interceptor
735 Posts
I'll agree with SHADOW. So far I've had minimal gains from one source and another that rocks. It's just the trial and error part I hate. I hate being the guinnea pig for the job2 trucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts