The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some opinions on your ATV's that you use for plowing. I sold my '02 Rancher 2x4 to buy a 4x4 with a plow and possibly a salter as well. I was thinking of the Foreman 500, but went a few weeks ago and the salesman recommended the Rancher 420 EFI. Someone on here has it with a plow but hasn't looked at the other thread with info on how it plows. I am not really brand loyal to Honda, but I do like their bikes and the ESP. Don't really want another fully auto bike. Thanks for the help.

·
862 Posts
I bought a 2007 Rincon in November and have been plowing this winter with it. Works perfect for what I do. I would think the Foreman would be almost identical as far as plowing capabilities with the Rincon. They both weigh just about the same. Not sure about the Rancher, since it is a little smaller and lighter. You'll probably feel the front end squat a little more when you lift the blade.

Definately get a winch to lift your plow. Makes life so easy, plus you can get the blade higher off the ground than you can with a manual lift. That comes in handy when you are going over curbs and whatever else is in the way.

·
411 Posts
I plow with a Sportsman 800 and a 60" plow. 3 passes on the drive and I'm done. With it's auto and awesome 4wd I can go about anywhere I want while plowing. ATVs are fast while plowing, lots faster than a tractor.

DB

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a 700 polaris and 660 grizzly with plows. The polaris plows better because of the wieght it has. 740 pounds not including the plow. But, the honda you are looking at will do the job also. My neighbor has an old 300 honda 4x4 with a 48 inch plow and does good. I have a 60 inch plow on mine's.

·
862 Posts
Looks like the plow will get one more use this winter *cough* spring. Supposed to get dumped with snow here for the next 2 days.

·
3,754 Posts
Neighbor has a polaris diesel, dosent plwo bwell because no weight and traction.

·
Second is First Loser
105 Posts
2004 Honda 250 recon! :woot: :bow: Recon

·
234 Posts
2004 polaris ranger has a 72'' plow on it and bald tires. few 50 pound bags of aslt in the back and it is much quicker than a tractor or truck.

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow didn't know this thread was still around. Wound up with an '07 500 Foreman ES with a 52" Cycle Country manual lift plow. Works great except when the snow is real heavy, when I have to push a little and than stack, push a little than stack, so on and so forth. Don't have any weight on it besides myself, so will have to buy some sand bags to put on the front and rear before next storm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts