• I dont wash mine

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do when the time comes to wash your truck?

4 options here.

1. Hand wash it
2. Drive through washer
3. Detailer/Friend
4. I don't wash mine.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bang Whoops i forgot to add the actual poll. Could a mod or admin help me out here. Computer 1, Me 0. :haha

·
497 Posts
I wash and detail mine by myself in the summer time. When it comes to winter time, I sometimes bring it to a touchless car wash but most of the time I go to a bay and wash it down myself. Guess I don't trust anyone with my rig after knowing how much a guy spends on the truck in the first place just my 02 cents

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
I run my X and F-250 through the wash at the station but my dually get a hand job always.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
hand job. No one touches my truck unless they're waxing it.

·
1,372 Posts
Handwash.... by me and very very A-nal about it. I guess you have to be that way with black.
:whs .... I will have some help as soon as the little one can walk :thumbsup

·
The DUDE!!
1,806 Posts
Take it to the quarter place to knock off all the excess mud and junk from underneath and then go home to hand wash it.

·
2,183 Posts
I'll hand wash it in the summer, and in the winter theres a local carwash that'll handwash/wax for $60. My truck won't fit in drive throughs

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Hand washing only!:thumbsup :D That's the way it is with all of my cars/trucks!

But man, this new truck sure has alot of sheetmetal to clean!!!!:wedgie

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
poll added

I always hand wash mine. Dont matter if its freezing cold or burning up, truck still deserves a good cleanin. I hate the drive in ones, my mom bought a brand new suburban and took it through one. I gave it a quick glance and noticed it was all scratched up like there was dirt in those spinning deals. :thumbdown

·
1,709 Posts
If it is really dirty it will get sprayed off at the car wash. (no brush) But hand wash is where it is at. That away I know where all the scratches are at. If any new ones show up then I know.

·
1,581 Posts
Same problem i have.:haha
We have a drive through commercial truck wash at work...super high pressure...super high volume...super nasty chemicals = cleanest truck you've ever seen (including the undercarriage)

My neighbor always asks me to take his black SD through it when he gets back from a hunting trip, it usually takes two passes, but it's a lot quicker than trying to remove all the mud by hand.

I'll never waste my time hand washing another vehicle as long as I have access to our truck bay.
The Ford dealer can't figure out how I can keep it so clean, when he knows I drive it all winter :haha
Last week a mechanic rolled under it on a creeper, he couldn't believe it had 35,000mi on it :D

It's going in for it's 3rd set of pinstripes next week (under warranty) :haha
If they fall off again, I'll get them painted on :thumbsup

·
1,409 Posts
I like to wash mine in the driveway, mostly because I have more time than money. If it gets really muddy I go to the DIY car wash and get the big chunks off there. Make sure you try and rinse most of the mud down the drain. A friend of mine owns a car wash and I took care of it for a week while he was out of town and people leave a bunch of crap in the drains!! Cleaning out a car wash drain that is plugged sucks!!

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Wash mine by my own hand every 3 months or so. Think it is nearing wash time. :haha

1 - 20 of 57 Posts