The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32052

Link to an article about the 4.4-litre Ford V8

"What is interesting is that one of the three, Ford, could remain the one with the best opportunity to take advantage of any upswing that may soon occur. The company is pushing ahead with plans for its Chihuahua Engine Plant facility in Mexico to produce its 4.4-litre V8, albeit on a very minor scale. Whatever the initial output turns out to be, it will be small compared with the planned output."

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would totally agree with you on the above. As a current GMC owner, I am constantly blown away with the continued arrogance shown by GM and it's dealer network. do most of my own stuff mind you, but from time to time am forced to buy OEM GM parts. Talk about getting hosed.

Not only that, the willingness for various dealers to work with their customers seems to be at an all time low. No deals, no negoications...here's your price and tough ***** if you dont like it...nice huh.?

Ford on the other hand is more than willing to talk to you (as shown to me by a copl of buddies who recently took a cpl of F150's on lease), and work out a reasonable deal...one has to note that Ford did not take a "bailout". This to me is very telling of it's management team / methodology and the way they wish to do business...and I can tell you, it would make a difference in choice should I need to in the near future...hopefully not..but if it came to pass that I totalled my ride...I would go see them.

A small V8 is definitely in my mind for future ride..and I doubt that GM's little D'max will ever hit the streets. :D

Cheers,

stk

·
1,077 Posts
I'd love a f-150 diesel

·
307 Posts
watch for the Transit Van with the 4.4L diesel before anything else. Remember, not the Transit Connect which is on sale right now( I'm talking about the E series replacement).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts