The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, found the reason why my brake & ABS came on. I was low on fluid. Hunted around and found the leak at the junction where the line from the MC splits off to each wheel. I figured I'd better have someone with a little more experience & tools and more workspace fix it. I'm having the lines and the brake hoses replaced. Estimate around $270 plus shop fees & tax. Still cheaper than my insurance deductible. Sad thing is they didn't find a hose around here and had to get one Fedex'ed in. Won't be ready until Friday. I wasn't going to argue with them. They've always been good in the past and the prices are reasonable. They aren't even going to whack me with the overnight charges.

·
2,509 Posts
you have insurance that covers normal repairs????

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the insurance covers what would happen to my truck if I tried doing the brakes and made a mess of it. If the brakes were to fail, the only other way to stop generally involves considerable body damage!!

·
2,509 Posts
oh ok that one went over my head:pointlaugh

·
1,921 Posts
Have them check the pads and shoes while they are at it. If it was actually a leak causing the fluid to get low it must have just started. The next thing that would cause the fluid to be low is the pads and/or shoes worn out.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just replaced the pads myself this summer. I saw the actual leak and the fluid on the ground. It wasn't a huge leak, but there is no margin for error here.

·
rock removal technition
589 Posts
thats a common place to leak, line rusts out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts