The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on another site about a guy stating that he was sure that just as many _____ owners have switched to _____ and vice versa. So to satisfy my curiousity I thought I'd start a poll and get some real numbers (although they are just a tiny snapshot of the big picture).

:rules:
So some rules. Please don't turn this into a brand war and no arguing!
Post in the poll if you:

have ever switched from one of the big 3's diesels to another's

drive one at work and through your experience's with it chose another brand (trying to keep this to first hand experience's, not "well dad drove one and it sucked so I chose this")

or if you've gone back and forth or had them all, just post which diesel engine you like the best-----please use this as a last resort as the object of this poll was to see what rigs people are coming from and what they chose instead :Thumbup:

So regardless of the results we all have trucks that'll yank a house off the foundation :woot: so be happy fella's :usflag

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
If I could only get my dmax back I could switch up to 7 days a week between at least 2 of the big 3. :poke:

One day a ford, the other day a Cheby.... I just can't make up my mind. :shrug:

Next year it will be all three. LOL

·
302 Posts
SeeYa said:
If I could only get my dmax back I could switch up to 7 days a week between at least 2 of the big 3. :poke:

One day a ford, the other day a Cheby.... I just can't make up my mind. :shrug:

Next year it will be all three. LOL

Typical female - always changing their mind :shrug:

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
it may not be a d-max, but i'm fed up with chevy in general, their lack of choices in the option dpt. and their suspension setup, and I'm tired of 2 pedals, and GM's left me in the dark

·
523 Posts
:shrug: where's the " PSD to CTD to Dmax to CTD to PSD" button LOL .. I had to go with single CTD.. if i had it all to do over again i would prolly stay with that.. but i dont mine by blue oval pos on the days its not costing me money..

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
i drove the ford in my pic. for about year and half...liked it for just driving, but hated it when pulling something....borrowed my cousins Cummins one day (dad had the truck) and loved it....so thats what im looking for now

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know there are more of you TDG member's that have switched up......guess it might be a while before they find their in here to vote. :popcorn:

·
313 Posts
I apologize for my previous comments. It is deleted

·
1,660 Posts
test drove them all, liked the ford the best, bought the ford. ive pulled my set up with my friends cumings but my truck pulls it better. ( he agrees and has borrowed mine a few times )Ill stick with the ford. if i were to change it would be to the dodge

Not the set up in my advatar.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay I may be wrong, but it looks like a few of you guys might be puttin' your .02 into the poll without having owning, borrowing or using one at work day in and day out. This is not about test driving. We have all done that. And I've driven some buddies rigs before as well. This is about a serious amount of extensive use of one of these brands that made you decide to choose another. Some of us own 2 or more of the different brands, but still have faith in those rigs and can't rightly say that we've gotten fed up and switched. These are the guys who should be voting in the poll under their favorite diesel engine.

·
resident mason
343 Posts
I had an 04 f350 dually dump and that truck was nice as far as working it. I had continueous problems with turbo and wiring harness ball joints and tranny. So I switched to a 06 Dmax. Truck drives nice and power is awesome. Allison is the best out there but... with 35k on it both door pins/hinges are shot, tie rod bad on driver side, tranny cooler lines leak, cd player won't spit out cd's (and it's already been replaced once), and now it's got a vibration in front end maybe wheel bearing. I've never owned a Dodge and I have to keep this truck for a while but when I buy again I'll probably drive all three (or four(Toyota?)) and get another Ford . For a work truck you can't beat them.

·
you bought what ?????????
181 Posts
had a 7.3 psd, loved the engine, but that tranny was notchy too say the least and reverse was in the wrong spotLOL

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright I need about 111 more people to vote so I can report my findings to the guy who originally made me think of this poll. Looks like not a lot of guys check out the polling place. Keep trickling in here fella's.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
I use to be a Ford guy all the way until I bought my dodge.. I wont look back.. I work on 7.3's and 6.0's ALL day I know them better then my own motor..! I wont touch one.... Now D-max.. I would take one.. for a daily driver.. but for [email protected] to the wall power and fun.. you gotta stick with the Cummins, I like to tinker.. the 12v is IMO the toughest motor ever built.. ALL arround..

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was starting to think the CTD was going to escape this poll unscathed it just took its first hit.

CTD to DMAX

Say it ain't so JT's416cat. You were doing this at the time of the switch weren't you......:40oz they have support groups for that! Tell you what I'll talk to somebody and see if we can't get your vote changed it was obviously made under duress. Who would want a DMAX anyway? Wait :damnit
nevermind :sly:

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
blackcloudCTD95 said:
funny how many people went from a PSD to a CTD
I might as well say it cause eventually someone is going to point out that there are more PSD's on the road than anything else (that's what I've heard anyway). So at my arbitrary 150 mark we'll need to overlay this poll with the ratio of the big 3's diesels that are out and about.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
no 150's good, that puts you at 10% being more than 10 subjects and then only assumption there is that there are more than 1500 trucks on the road, so that's all good, the forum takes care of randomization with the exception of the performance minded owners, if there was a way to determine the number of people who switched just because of bad stockers to different stockers then it'd be more random, are you doing this same poll on any other site?

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just here. It's the only site I am a part of that has large numbers of diesel owners from each camp.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts