The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if you like it or your opinions. Seems like a nice set-up. Im planning on an SCT but I cant seem to pull myself from the "on the fly" power adjustments and the commander seems like a nice monitor? Whats your thoughts all????:Thumbup:

·
2,035 Posts
Changing programs on the fly is a nice option. Then again they aren’t really re-writing the computer either…they are simply tricking it. That’s what allows them to shift on the fly.

SCT is about the only thing out there that is going to tune your truck exactly like it needs to be in every parameter. Others are just generalized programs…

I’ve always been a firm believer that if you are going to do something…do it right…go SCT.

P.S.
I did the same thing and tried a couple of different set-ups before I settled on the SCT, and it’s by far the best running and strongest set-up I have used.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i have the commander installed. used to run banks six gun w/pda......LOVED the pda. awesome. but i wanted mo-power and got an sct. lot faster. got the commander for gauges. looks good. cheaper and easier than getting like 6 gauges and all

·
TDG Mafia Member #64!
885 Posts
Do yourself a favor, GET THE SCT, 30Kmiles on the looney tune (racing file) and NO PROBLEMS at all. 22Kmiles with the quadzilla and i had to put in 2transmissions:poke:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hybrid_4x4_Superduty said:
Do yourself a favor, GET THE SCT, 30Kmiles on the looney tune (racing file) and NO PROBLEMS at all. 22Kmiles with the quadzilla and i had to put in 2transmissions:poke:

Might be true but, was that not the old module that plugged into the PCM?

I know they were hard on the tranny but, these newer ones are not.

·
Pursuit Interceptor
735 Posts
Run the Quad while tuning the tranny with the SCT. Best combo I've run so far.

·
TDG Mafia Member #64!
885 Posts
CarterKraft said:
Might be true but, was that not the old module that plugged into the PCM?

I know they were hard on the tranny but, these newer ones are not.
It plugged into the injector coltrol module, it was a 2005 model quad with 120hp and 4positions.

·
TDG Mafia Member #64!
885 Posts
Well mabye its a old one then. I bought it off here in 2005 so i figured it was a 2005 model. Either way, it chewed up 2 trannies thats all i know, it never pulled a trailor, and it averaged 17MPG the whole time the quad was installed.

·
140 Posts
I am sort of guessing that 17mpg ain't too shabby if it was used hard enough to chew up 2 trannies!!:woot:

The older modules did come on too hard and the trannies had fits, sort of like the Edge stuff. That is why we changed a LONG time ago and went to something different.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
QuadBoenker said:
I am sort of guessing that 17mpg ain't too shabby if it was used hard enough to chew up 2 trannies!!:woot:

The older modules did come on too hard and the trannies had fits, sort of like the Edge stuff. That is why we changed a LONG time ago and went to something different.

So your saying NOW you have transmission controls?

·
140 Posts
No tranny control.

We just understand what causes the slip...bang and we can keep it from doing that and hurting the trans. As long as you keep a lot of the fueling, timng and boost readings within a factory spec you can still make power without destroying the transmission.

Now, on the 160hp stuff we recommend running a tranny tune but, on the 120hp stuff the tranny wil be fine.

DalPilot did a review about 6 months or a year ago on all 3 of the new ones and he is a SCT guy. He just wanted to see if they shifted decent and they do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah man..........I go from SCT all the way to..........ah maybe I do like the Quad to........SCt is the way then back to.........I like the quad features.......then to.....Im so damn confused. Quadboenker....are you from Quadzilla.....care to sponsor me:Thumbup: ........Im a military guy who spent all of my hard earned money on my truck and cant afford any problems down the road so this is a huge decision for me.:usflag

Jason

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks very much. Its my pride and joy but damn I regret getting black. Im to picky and find myself washing it and detailing it way to much. Thanks again.:Thumbup:

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
if you want reliability without having to back down the power to be able to shift, you don't want the quad, you want the SCT. You have full power all of the time, and you have FULL transmission controls too. Just do it and get something that actually controls the tranny instead of something that hopes the tranny relearns the shifting or backs down the power to keep it from slipping and banging...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts