The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm finally ready to do the lift on my 08' F-250 SD CC, but I need some help with wheel sizing. I will be doing the Rize 6" quad link lift, and I want to run Toyo MT 37x13.50 tires. Some of the rims I was looking at are, KMC Diesel, Fuel Hostage, Jesse James I-Beam, Ion Forged Terminator. I've been getting different opinions on wheel width, offset and backspacing, and before I spend the money, I want to make sure what will or will not work. For instance, I called 4 Wheel Parts for a tire/wheel package qoute on KMC Diesel 20x10. I was told that with that rim's backspacing and tire sizing, it wouldn't work. The Diesel has a 4.5 backspace and the guy told me I needed a 5.5 backspace. I've seen a truck on TruckToyzPerformance website that is exactly what I want, 6" Rize, 22x11 KMC Diesel, 37x13.5x22 Toyo's and it looked like it cleared no problem. So what I need is real world advice and info from guys who have a 6" lift, 20-22" rims, 37" tires, specifically, the brand, backspacing, rim width, offset. Pictures would be great also so I can see how they sit on the truck. I'm desperate, guys, please help!! It's the only thing hanging me up. Thanks!!

·
1,606 Posts
Call trucktoyz, they're VERY helpful!

·
68 Posts
I just went through this too, it can be painful trying to decide. Call Truck-Toyz back and ask for Marty. He's a busy man, so be patient. If there is a particular truck on the Truck-Toyz gallery you're looking at, Marty will know what they installed on it. I found in my research that a 4.5" backspacing is pretty much standard with a 8x170 lug pattern.

Good luck!

·
18 Posts
For instance, I called 4 Wheel Parts for a tire/wheel package qoute on KMC Diesel 20x10. I was told that with that rim's backspacing and tire sizing, it wouldn't work. The Diesel has a 4.5 backspace and the guy told me I needed a 5.5 backspace. I've seen a truck on TruckToyzPerformance website that is exactly what I want, 6" Rize, 22x11 KMC Diesel, 37x13.5x22 Toyo's and it looked like it cleared no problem.
What exactly "wouldn't work"? Did he say if the tires would rub, or give you any explanation? Is this the truck your looking at at trucktoyz?

If so, those Diesels should have a 4.5" backspacing (-25mm). I can't see any reason why they wouldn't work. They may rub a bit on the inner fender liner, but nothing a little trim wouldnt fix.

I have 4.5" backspace on my 20x10's with a 4.5" lift and I have no issues at all.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's exactly the truck I was looking at! The guy at 4 Wheel Parts was saying that I would rub way too much on a 20X10 with 4.5 backspacing with 37x13.5 tires, and said I needed 5.5 backspacing. But looking at this truck, especially the side shot in the gallery, with 22x11 KMC Diesels I don't really see how it would rub, maybe the frame?

·
68 Posts
You will more than likely hit the radius arm with a 5.5" BS and 13.5" tire. The larger the BS, in this case 5.5" BS, the more the tire is inside the fender/wheel well. This means as you turn the wheels, lock to lock, the inside edge of the tire (~13.5" wide) could rub on the radius arm. A 4.5" BS moves the tire more outside the fender/wheel well, giving a wider stance and more clearance for the radius arm as the wheels are turned. Keep in mind you still may have to trim the bottom egde of the inner fender liner.

Hope this helps....

·
477 Posts
call and ask for Marty. He will give you all the info on the fitment. While you wait for him to call you back, do your homwork on all the wheel backspacing and offset that you are looking at. Some trucks that truck toyz do installs on, they have to do some trimming.
goodluck

·
1,606 Posts

·
3 Posts
Hi All.

A new member here and a new diesel owner. I have a 2011 2500hd and I want to jack it up
6" and add some 20" KMC XD wheels with 37's.

I was just wondering about gas mileage, wheel width and any other recommendations or experiences you guys have with a set up like this.

I was hoping to find some Mickey Thompson 37's but no luck so far.

·
Banned
713 Posts
Hi All.

A new member here and a new diesel owner. I have a 2011 2500hd and I want to jack it up
6" and add some 20" KMC XD wheels with 37's.

I was just wondering about gas mileage, wheel width and any other recommendations or experiences you guys have with a set up like this.

I was hoping to find some Mickey Thompson 37's but no luck so far.
I hear that chevy's can't take 37's with a 6"... might not be true.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JUST JOINED DUE TO YOUR POST.WHAT YOUR ASKING IS EXACTLY WHAT IM RUNNING NOW BUT IVE ADDED A 3 INCH LEVELING SPACER.I HAVE A 2006 F350 CC.6 INCH LIFT,20 INCH KMC DIESEL II,PRO COMP 37S WITH NO RUBBING AT ALL

·
TDG Single Club Member#14
1,086 Posts
Chevies you can only clear 35's with a 6 inch lift need at least an 8 inch lift for 37's and you'll be trimming.

4wheelparts are dumber than a box of rocks.

My first set of wheels 3.75" of backspacing 16x10" weld wheels. 4.5 inch backspacing on the 05 and ups are perfect in my opinion for the wider track look. Wheels i have currently are 4.25" backspacing and don't like them as much as my welds. Replaced them because i somehow managed to crack one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts