The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TDG Mafia
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am the proud owner of a 2000 24 Valve. My question; Why can't I get any black smoke out of my truck? I have a Superchips tuner, set on the performance setting, as well as a VanAakken box which plugs directly into the injection pump. Its also straight piped. I thought these trucks were easy to get smoke from, but I cant get ANY, except for when I fire it up, a little puff is all I get. What can I do to get smoke....and lots of it?

B

·
0 Posts
Buy a box that fuels hard enough to make smoke. Remember smoke equals unburnt fuel going out the exhaust. Although if you have power you will have atleast some smoke.

Is all you want smoke or do you want performance and economy to go along with it?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your truck is probly running so efficent that it is burning all the fuel you are giving it. So therefore, No Smoke.:damnit

·
497 Posts
I know this sounds kinda dumb but I have seen some trucks make more smoke on the middle setting with the superchips programmer. My 02 HO smoked about the same on any setting with a superchip or hypertech, but i know one 01 with an auto smoked more on the middle setting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts