The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When its raining and im going down the road, there is a strange noise right behind both front doors like in the crack where the front door shuts or either at the front of the back doors where the hinges are.. I cant pin point it exactly but its in that area.. It is a noise almost like small hail hitting my truck

·
1,415 Posts
Mine does it to and cant figure it out, just live with it.

·
88 Posts
May sound dumb but it's the rain coming off of the mirrors and hitting the window. If I keep my mirrors extended out it happens. If I pull them in to normal length it stops.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Mine makes a simlilar noise, I think its jsut rain off the back of the window sill.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Ya those big mirrors are nice but they sure like to deflect bug/bees/dirt in the window!! LOL

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried my windows extended and normal yesterday and it was still the same.. Its not that bad, i just turn the radio up but its aggrevating everytime someone rides with you in the rain and they ask what it is so you have to explain its the rain but i dont know why it does it

·
105 Posts
My 2010 does this but my 06 never did. In the 08+ trucks they removed the weather stripping around the back window and I believe the noise comes from the rain running down that channel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts