The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 f-250 Powerstroke :smoke and want to make it a little louder, more turbo noise, exhaust noise.
What is the best air intake to get, I am looking for better fuel economy, and more noise.
And for exhaust noise, can I get away with cutting the muffler out of the stock system or is it best to get a new system?
Thanks Frank

·
2,509 Posts
I can definatly hear mine more now with the new cold air intake

·
1,921 Posts
the cold air systems open up the intake and get rid of all the baffles that quiet it down. So yes you will hear it more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i added a K&N intake kit and you can hear the turbo way better now when you get on it. but mine has a drumming sound when cruising at around 40 to 70 km it drives me up the wall.

·
382 Posts
i put a k&n on my 99 but at the same time i put on 5" exhaust couldnt tell ya if there was intake noise:damnit

·
282 Posts
the loudest one.... get the AFE stage 2.... about as loud as you can get or the tymar intake will work to ...it is alot cheaper.. I think Mark at dieselperformanceparts has a great deal on the AFE stage II...350 or something... or tymar is about 70-100 bucks

as for the exhaust.... straight pipe... or go with a walker muffler..cheap way to go..

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
not really gonna sound to impressive unless you get a wicked wheel, then it will whistle like a turbo should

·
TDG Mafia Member # 37
901 Posts
Yes you will definitely notice more noise with a cold air intake. As mentioned above get the AFE stage 2 or do a Tymar, these will increase the noise the most, then remove your foil wrap around the IC tube and gain alittle more whistle, not to mention it looks better also. Gene :mafia

1 - 10 of 10 Posts