The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2010 f-250. I previously owned a 2005 f-250 with 4 inches of lift. I was wonderin if the lift that i removed from the 05 will work on the 2010 or if some of the parts are different. the 2010 is the same as an 08 or 09. So my question is will my old lift work on an 08 or newer truck? and if not, what parts are different? Thanks in advance!!

·
278 Posts
When I lifted my 08 no other lift would work according to all the 4 wheel drive shops. A few changes in the front end of things. I am not expert but that is what I was told but I am sure with enough fab work it can be done but might be cheaper just to buy it right the 1st time IMO?? Let us know if you find something different.

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i'm afraid to start installing this lift then have somethin not work. Afew people have told me that the only things that are problems are the track bar drop bracket and the pitman are. but my 4 inch lift didnt change anything with the pitman arm so i think im good there. I just dont know about the track bar

·
Registered
370 Posts
It depends on the kit, the changes were in pitman arm and trackbar/brkt. If it's a arm drop brkt kit with no steering corrections, I'd say it would work.

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So will the track bar drop bracket work ok? Or is that the one your sayin is the problem? Cus on my 05 the kit didnt change anything about the pitman arm. It stayed the same. It just dropped the track bar

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So im still kinda confused on whether or not this lift will work or not. So anymore help any one can give me would be great. I would hate to have to take everything apart just to see if it would work. Then have to put it all back together if it didnt.

·
773 Posts
You could call the manufacturer of the lift and ask them:shrugs

·
Registered
370 Posts
So will the track bar drop bracket work ok? Or is that the one your sayin is the problem? Cus on my 05 the kit didnt change anything about the pitman arm. It stayed the same. It just dropped the track bar
The Procomp kit's I've used the trackbar brkt is the same 05-07 vs. 08+up. I don't know for sure on ALL kits. You could also check the install instructions for the kit/ brand you have, they usually list the items and parts numbers contained in the kit. Cross reference this to the parts needed for the newer truck.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Take some measurements. You have the kit already, right? You have the truck already, right? Measure twice, install once.

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just went on superlifts website and printed out a list of parts that the 4 inch lift for an 05-07 comes with. Then i went to there 08 and newer 4 inch lift and did the same thing. I compared the lists and they look completely different. So now im really lost. The suspension on both trucks looks exactly the same. Theres no way every part is different.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The 08 Rize kit is WAY different than the prior year trucks including the frame where the limit straps mount. Every suspension company I just looked up lists the 08 diffrently. Rize, Icon, Superlift, Revtek, etc...

·
Registered
33 Posts
08 with a fabtech lift off an 06

Radius arm brackets , coils, pitman arm, shocks and rear lift blocks will all work. I had to make custom sway bar drop brackets, and modify the track bar bracket where it mounts to the frame

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
If its a block lift in the rear it will work fine but if its a rear leaf lift then it wont work. Leafs are longer on the 08s. Like Fl-Crawler said. Everything but the track bar and sways are the same.

·
86 Posts
:whs I used a lift kit for an 06 and bought a new track bar bracket and sway bar drop brackets . Parts were cheep. It cost me $85 shipped to Canada. The rear was blocks so it worked fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts