The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very intrested in putting 5'' stacks on my early 99 but I wanted the straight angle cut. My question is with it raining will this hurt it since ya cant put rain caps on? Any advice really apreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I'm running the same setup on my 02'. I have not had any problems, and I live in rainy Florida. The stacks will leak some water at their bases and the flex pipe will also leak out some of the water. You should not have any problems.

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres a stupid question, how does the pipe leak the water out? is this an exhaust leak? or do you have to drill the holes for it to leak.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Not to mention you have like a 2 or 3 foot downpipe that the rain would have to fill up totally with water and not leak out anywere underneath your truck were the other pipe is welded and clamped. Your fine

If it worries ya, i'd drill like a tiny hole at the lowest spot, but soot might clog it up after a couple rains if its not a big enouph hole I'd think.

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i guess i worried to much huh? :pointlaugh those up pipes are they as bad as people say or easy?

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Do you mean are the stacks themselfs hard to put on or the downpipe that comes off the turbo?

I put a 4" DP on mine and it was gravy. Hardest part was holding up the DP to the turbo flange to put the clamp on. Used a floor jack and a piece of 4x4.:Thumbup:

as for the stacks hard to put on? I wouldnt know, but they look pretty easy also.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
The stacks are easy to put on as long as you have someone with you to help. I used a 5" hole saw for the bed, the hardest part other than the down pipe is that there is a support right at the front of the bed. We used a saws-all to finish it up. Plan for it to take longer than needed so that you can just take your time. The MBRP kit comes with a good set of directions to guide you along.

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about the up pipes that go to the turbo behind the motor are they a pain I need to replace them soon I really hate to but the sound is driving me crazy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts