The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My side window channels have rotted off so I can't roll my windows up or down. I bought the replacement channels, the window just sits in the top "U" shaped bit, have any of you guys replaced this? Just wondering what you used for adhesive to glue the window into it?

Thanks

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I don't think I explained that well, side windows, but it's the scissor lift channel that is attached to the bottom of the window. The short bit are for the scissor lift wheels, the long part is a U shaped channel that the window slides into. What is the best way to seal it in there?

·
RAM-Man
9 Posts
I gobbed mine full of black silicone sealant and wrapped bungee cords around to hold them tight, ... let them set up for about 24 hours. Been good as gold for over a year now. My channel had rotted out with corrosion and I didn't know you could buy new ones. If my farmers fix ever fails I'll sure go new as this old girl is on the rebound, improving every time I touch it!

·
572 Posts
Oh, for that I would use 3M windshield adhesive. It is made to bond glass to metal and other materials.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a good tip on this, drill some holes in you channel so the adhesive goos out, then wipe it with you finger, apparently it makes a much better bond

1 - 6 of 6 Posts