The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77
940 Posts
Looks good man! I'm not a big fan of tall stacks, but your truck looks good!

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
be carefull with the add a leaf they crack at the center pin!!!!!!!!!!! and they ride like shi* other than that nice rig

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Looks really nice!!

I've got a couple questions for you:
How much was the add a leaf kit, and how hard was the install?
Did you have the tinting done professionally or did you do it yourself?

·
Still Diggin
634 Posts
I put skyjaker 2" add a leafs on mine a while back. I wanna say around 200 dollars maybe a little less. If you have a metric socket and a jack and blocks to hold the truck up its not bad. I went to the mechanic and had my front end aligned after too. http://www.jackit.com is where mine came from.

·
Riding solow on the Hog
286 Posts
:cool2:
And I even like the color!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sharp truck man!!:rockon:

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The leafs were custom made and installed at a local spring shop, and were about 150 bucks. Yes the truck does ride hard. I'm planning on doing a reverse shackle lift soon. And the window tint was done professionally. Thanks for the comments, I know the stacks are high but they look a lot better in person than in pics. I like em.

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
So that is simply a stock leaf spring with an add a leaf and nothing else? It just looks too high to me. WOW... Mabey I should go with those 2'' leafs I saw. Are you shure you don't have a reverse shackel kit already?

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
Oh. I see,,, you have your bumper spaced out i the front too. That threw me off to thinking the truck actually sat higher. I was comparing the clearences to the tire and rim levels. That tricked me for a minute. LOL LOL :poke:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah the bumper is spaced out in order for the 35s to fit. I measured before and after the new springs were installed and got about 2 inches. I guess its the spaced out bumper and bigger tires thats throwing everyone off.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Looks good man, I like the looks of the OBS better than anything that Ford has released lately.

Tony

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
08stone350 said:
Yeah the bumper is spaced out in order for the 35s to fit. I measured before and after the new springs were installed and got about 2 inches. I guess its the spaced out bumper and bigger tires thats throwing everyone off.
I am really watching your truck because I have plans of the 186 series wheels and am debating on my tire size. I will probably be getting new springs first though. Looks great.:deal:

·