The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using wiper refills for years (don't laugh) but they continue to get harder to find. I'm probably going to try those Bosch ICON blade assemblies. My 06 specs 20 inch wipers but I'm debating on getting the 22" since there is plenty of clearance on the top and bottom for the extra 1". I'm wondering if this will cause an issue with the wiper motor. Has anyone done this already?

·
3,051 Posts
I've been running 24 inch wiper blades for as long as I can remember with no issues, so with 22 inch you should be fine. The 24's clear the window to the limit without touching the rubber trim.

Harry

Reactions: Smoker

·
3,051 Posts
If you look at 3rd pic in post #5 on my general tire thread you can see how my 24 inch wipers sit on the windshield.

Harry

·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
24"! I need to see if those will fit. Thanks for info. If they fit I'll go that route.
Does the pair you have take refills or do you need to buy the whole assembly?

·
3,051 Posts
I'm not sure about refills, I have to look what brand they are as I can't remember. I just replace the entire blade when I do replace them. Bosch Icons are nice wiper blades but pricey, I usually go for the midrange quality ones that have steel inserts for tensioning the wiper blade.

Harry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts