The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, sorry if this is the incorrect forum for this question, i ran across this site looking for some help.

Have a 06 frieghtliner m2 Mercedes engine, having a problem getting the air pressure up past 50-55. Truck has hydraulic brakes but air for ebrake.

Basically dash guage will fill slowly to 50, wont go above that unless i rev it to about 1500 rpm. Takes quite a while to get up to 125.

I already checked all air lines and dont see or hear anything leaking. Pulled off inlet at dyer from the compressor and have pretty decent air pressure, but no gauge to check exactly how much. Bypassed Dryer and have same air pressure going into air tank. Still no pressure build up.

No secondary tank. Only lines off of tank goto ebrake, one small line to what i think is an AMU? on rear of truck, one small line up to govenor i think and another big line out to an air hose reel.

Blocked off lines going to air reel, amu and rear brakes, bypassed dryer and still no pressure build up. Also checked the check valve on line going into air tank and that is working also.

Any ideas on next step or problem? Im guessing its a compressor/governor problem but looking for any tips, hints or advice to be sure. thanks alot!!!

·
2,557 Posts
you can eliminate the governor from the equation by removing and plugging the tank line to the governor, also check the compressor air inlet to make sure it is not plugged, Did this problem come on gradually or happen all of a sudden? Compressors on low demand systems some times glaze the cylinder pretty badly due to the lack of compressing time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have noticed over the last month or so it was taking a little longer to build up...then just yesterday wouldnt go above 50psi..

Il try plugging that last line tomorrow and see what happens....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts