The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having trouble for a week now. Stopped truck to fill up and it would not restart. Towed it home and it would fire after some very fast cranking. Acted like it had no fuel. Fires this way every time. Had a p0603 and p1211 code. Also had low voltage. New alternator and icp sensor. still same problem. Once truck has been run and warmed up if it shuts down it will not restart. No other codes are pressent. Passed buzz and all other tests my buddies scanner would run.

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Have you checked the batteries?

Low voltage isn't a good thing with these trucks.

Were you ever able to check the TPS?

Oil level is good?

I know it was suggested earlier, but the IDM could be involved. I doubt the scanner would indicate that.

Did you run the scan on it while it was warm and wouldn't start?

prt

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Batteries were tested. Both were fine. While running it has 14.2 volts. It cranks very easily. Oil doesn't have many miles on it and is full. The scanner ran the truck through some tests while running and shut off. One it tested different rpm settings. Is there any way to check idm with out just buying a new one. Once running it throttles fine even puffs a tiny amount of black when stomped on. IPR was cleaned by me couple thousand miles ago. Fuel filter is new.

·
296 Posts
you can pull the idm out and i beleive your local ford dealer can have it checked... not possitive, i just pulled mine and got a beans burned idm, if my idm wasnt bad then it was a nice lil extra 30 hp mod for 100 bucks cant go wrong

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like it isn't electrical but oil pressure related. Truck fires up cold and icp reads good pressure. As oil temp comes up I start loosing hpo. Slowly falls to under 500 psi and truck can barely keep running. Shut it down and I can't get 400 psi while cranking so it won't start. Not sure if its ipr or I may need to pull valve covers and look for a leak.

·
2,334 Posts
id pull the ipr and check orings if its not that pull valve covers when cold and fire it up and look for oil leaking past the base of the injector. sounds like injector orings or ipr orings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts