The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 7.3 starts fine when cold and will run all day,but turn it off and will not start.....has new fuel pump.....sprayed wd40 in air intake and it starts right up.

·
The Big Meanie
5,220 Posts
WELCOME TO THE GARAGE!!!!! Fill out your signature so we can tell what you got and where we can help you spend your money!!!!!

sounds like what mine did a while back. IPR o-rings are going out. What happens is this.....when cold, the oil is thick enough to hold enough pressure for everything to fire. When warmed up, the oil is thinner and therefore wont hold the required pressure to fire everything. The o-ring kit is under $20 from the International dealer, and it's not hard to change them........

kevin

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will fill out my sig. is there a step by step procedure of this repair posted somewhere

·
Registered
204 Posts
:iagree

my buddy had a 6.0 with a similar problem. his would start after sitting for the night, but it wouldn't once it got warmed up. the o-rings were bad on his HPOP, and that caused it to not start after the oil thinned from running.

·
The Big Meanie
5,220 Posts
let me do some digging in a few places, I might be able to find something for ya.........

kevin

·
The Big Meanie
5,220 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77
940 Posts
Yep...Steve's page is great for OBS stuff. Bailed me out many times!

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

there is 2 orings on the bottom slot of the ipr is that correct and does it take special orings

1 - 9 of 9 Posts