The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i got a 180 pump and i was thinkin of switchen it to the 215hp pump and do like fuel plate grind to a 100 or 10 plate, maybe delivery valves,4k spring kit afc mods

the reason im askin bc im gonna start sled pullin here soon i hope but its still gonna be my daily driver so im lookin for alot of power but still wont fuel milage i was thinkin keepin a stock plate and maybe changen it out after a pull or somethang

but would else would ya'll think of ill probably go with a B1 turbo or a super B specail turbo from BD power but another other info would greatly appriate it! :happymugs

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i think for the time and money spent that its not worth it. the 180 is a great pump.

Garrett

·
688 Posts
THere are alot of people put'n down good numbers with a 180 pump. As far as turbo's I love my HTT but I have mine set up for towing, not sled pulling. I bet Dual k20 or Later will chime in on this topic.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
any particular class? just street stock or whatever is the lowest?

Garrett

·
3,514 Posts
Its not sled pulling, but brad ponci has a truck in the 10's with a 160pump. With tuning, a 180pump is more than capable.
Sean

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ol ok i was just wonderin bc i got a 215 pump around the house and i aint usin it and i dont wanna go crazy or anythang maybe 4500lb class or maybe a class bigger

·
2,063 Posts
Dual K20's or That Guy would be the voice's of authority on this, my take is a 215 is a good pump but you can do just as much with your 180. With everthing done right you should make very good power. What mods are you want to do ... just the GSK, DV's, Turbo, will you be installing injectors or do you have? Before you spend any money read the rules where you are going to pull. If they have a street stock class with tight restrictions you may be able to run almost factory stock and be competive. Don't forget blocks and traction bars.

·
Diesel Outlaw
268 Posts
I would stick with the 180, now if you had a 160 in there i would go for it but the 180 is a good pump.

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
a 180 pump is plenty capable. Yes a 215 will flow a few cc more, but when you get into the last 4mm of rack travel it retards your timing by up to 4*. I would take the plate out, get a #2095 rack plug, modify your AFC to get full travel, tune the AFC, 4K GSK, 191/022/DDP DV's, and something like 19* of timing would be good for the pump. Most classes allow a 66mm inducer turbo for the "street" class, the B1 is a 62 and the Super B Special is a 64 so you may be at a slight disadvantage there. Depending on whether you have 4.10's or 3.55's and how tight your converter is, you could still take a 66 on the street pretty easily. I have a friend that has 4.10's and a very loose TC and he runs a 71/74/14 on the street everyday. I would suggest the Industrial Injection Silver Bullet myself.

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im gettin a fully build auto from one of my buddies but he got it from a place in canada but i appriate the info and the gears are 4.10

1 - 10 of 10 Posts