The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last week on wednesday (2 days before okeechobee mudfest doen here) this dumba** pulled out in front of me and i couldnt stop, so long story short he got cited and was at fault but $5500 later im pretty much getting a new front end and paint job for free:shrug: . still sucks but its a free paint job.
i hit the passenger side of my truck, anyone had this fun experience with advise on what too look for??

bet he wont do that again tho! :squish

·
6,337 Posts
What damage was done to your front end... Might be able to upgrade to the 05 front end if its bad enough...

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
took out the grill and assembly, headlight, quarter panel, bumper.. pretty much anything that could crunch if u hit behind the rear wheel and back, on a f150.
but would i be able to do that? i have state farm. there covering it and going after his insurance for the refund.

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
The insurance company will just cut you a check for the repairs.... :sly:

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how does that work? they just wrote a estimate. do they just give me a check and give me the difference?

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
brietwyk said:
how does that work? they just wrote a estimate. do they just give me a check and give me the difference?
For what difference? They will issue a check for the cost of the repairs. If you want to fix your vehicle, then you use that money to pay for the repairs. You can tell the auto body place what to do with the repairs... IE, 05-06 front clip.

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what i mean is there could be more damages than they can see, like when the body shop starts workin on it they could find more wrong with it. That doesnt mean im out of pocket, they pay the difference too.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
up date the front end! harley headlights woot

·
Registered
151 Posts
i saw a pretty sweet accident yesterday (no one was hurt) a lifted silverado was t boned by a taurus or mid size sedan and it hit the truck right below the drivers door. the car stopped when it hit the frame of the truck and was stuck up to about midway up the hood...the silverados driver side tires were up a little bit...i tried to grab my phone to take a pic but juuuust missed it =/

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
brietwyk said:
what i mean is there could be more damages than they can see, like when the body shop starts working on it they could find more wrong with it. That doesnt mean im out of pocket, they pay the difference too.

I dont know how statefarm works I know USAA will do the same thing.

IE: your haggling over the cost difference of a headlight. the repair place says 10 dollars more they insurance company guesstimate for.... guess what they will not haggle over the 10 dollars. However the repair place might quote a cheaper price for something else.

now Say the insurance company missed something completely mine will 1. come back and reestimate it or get the estimate from the repair facility.

·
97F-3504X4PSD
120 Posts
:usflag I have StateFarm. If you are not looking to modify your truck they have a pretty good policy. You pick a repair shop off of their list of approved shops. They haggle it out with the shop. You are not involved at all. This works great if a shop on their list is one that you trust. Hope this helps.:Thumbup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
My parents had something like that happen. They were in a fender bender in a parking lot while on vacation. Some guy backed into their car, and he left a small dent. When they got home, they had the body shop get them a quote. My dad popped the dent out at home, and had the body shop fix another part of the car that needed some work.

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well id like to do the harley lights. i was really into doing it, i wonder if the body shop (friend) will just put that as a credit towards it, because i need the whole entire assembly aswell, not just the lens.

·
OBS
403 Posts
No insurance company can tell you what shop to go to. You can say you are going to do it yourself, buy the parts you want and then get a quote from a shop. the trick is to not tell the shop that it is an insurance job. they will charge more for insurance jobs.

·
OBS
403 Posts
some insurance companies don't write the check til its done, so expect to pay out of pocket til it is completed, If you do it the way I said.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts