The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my roommate does a 4" lift and a 1" or 2" body lift, can he clear 35"s with some extra room?

Thanks guys

·
shes smart!
161 Posts
yes he should be able to fit 35s with just the 4" if the backspacing on the wheels are right and you dont go with to wide of a rim

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering if you 35"s are just to much on a wrangler. It's his daily driver. Thinkin 33's might workout alil better, what do you think? Don't get me wrong, bigger is better lol, but I don't want it to be a pain in the *** forhim.

·
shes smart!
161 Posts
i agree 33s would be better for a daily driver but the 35s would work its just going to be more strain on the motor and trans. plus worse gas mileage. If hes not really wheeling it to much i would go with the 33s. that just my 2 cents tho.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welp, I wasn't there... but he ended up getting 4.5" with 35"s... goin to be a DOOOGGGGGGGG haha. Gears will be in the near future I think.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4.0 with a 5spd. manual...

·
shes smart!
161 Posts
It should work fine just the milage will go down, my buddy had a jeep with a 4 banger and a auto with 35s and put 2 trannys in it in a year. The 4.0 is a good motor and 5 spd will help.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Clutch going to take a beating?

·
shes smart!
161 Posts
All depends on how he can drive it, If he slips it from every light yea but otherwise not to much worse.

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
I had a friend with a stock 2000 wrangler 4.0 5spd and was running 33's and with the stock axle ratio's he barely had enough torque to get over a 25% grade...He hated having the 33's without doing gears. I run 33's in my Cherokee but I'm running 4.56's to keep it near stock ratio. Cherokee's and Wranglers have the same drivetrain thats why I put that out there.

And what rear axle does he have? If it is a Dana 35 I wouldn't put anything over 32's on it, I've seen 33's break axles shafts in a parking lot going over the concrete blocks...You might get lucky and not break an 8.25" with 35's but I would trust it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts