The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jack of No Trades
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a set of good used 6.0 heads- mine have cracks on the seats, etc. due to an overheat. Let me know whatcha got and how much. Thanks!

P.S. Im not sure if it matters, but I have the 18mm dowl pin heads/gaskets...

·
1,570 Posts
You can use any year head. In '06 they switched to 20mm dowel pins, but you can get a stepped dowel to use them.

·
Jack of No Trades
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohhh nice to know. Thanks cartman ttt

·
Jack of No Trades
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still looking...just to clarify, im lookin for a used good set for $400 or cheaper...need to get the truck back up and operational. Thanks all!

·
Too much into it now...
2,011 Posts
Still looking...just to clarify, im lookin for a used good set for $400 or cheaper...need to get the truck back up and operational. Thanks all!
Uhhhmmm...yeaaah...:roflol:

Let everyone know where you find a GOOD set of NON-Cracked heads for $400.00 or less...

·
Suck,Squish,Bang,Blow
650 Posts
Uhhhmmm...yeaaah...:roflol:

Let everyone know where you find a GOOD set of NON-Cracked heads for $400.00 or less...
Um..yea..

I have a set .. they have 7k on them since the rebuild...all new exh seats etc...they are even ported.. Just the r&r work alone cost 1400.00 and I'm only asking 1k.

Ebay will get you remans for 4-500 each head.. then there's shipping.

And the 20 mm dowel was late 07 as they were starting to machining for the 6.4 engine

·
51 Posts
I have a set of 06 heads, they had 108000mi on them, they have above average idle hours, the engine lost a cam follower but ill let them go for 400.00 plus shipping

1 - 7 of 7 Posts