The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody,
I am looking for a 12v 4x4 with a manual transmission. Condition doesn't really matter as it's going to be a street legal offroad rig. Just looking for something that runs decent and is driveable. Thanks guys.

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does nobody have one? I've been looking all over the place for this setup and can't find any remotely near me or for a half decent price. I'm looking for something that needs TLC cosmetically as long as the motor/tranny are in good working order that is all that matters to me. The looks of the truck do not matter as I said it's going to be a trail truck and be getting worked HARD doesn't need to be pretty

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
look in AZ, around vegas, and up north. otherwise you're not gonna find one in socal for a decent price.

Garrett

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
people are overly proud of them for some reason....but Id look maybe further east...like tx,ok,ar,etc etc...craigslist is a good place to scout.

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks G. Appreciate it man. Didn't realize how hard these are to get ahold of

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No kidding man...it's a f'n insane task to find one lol...oh well guess I'll just keep looking...wish I could find something exactly like yours to thrash on

·
258 Posts
they are tough to find. ive been looking for one to get parts from. finding all kinds of 2wd trucks. oh well free bump for ya

·
1,077 Posts
I've got a 96 for sale. Reg cab, LB, 5spd, 4wd, 12v. Just pm me if your interested.

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't know if anyone has one but I'm still in the market....looking for something cheap to beat on...doesn't need to be in good condition...as long as it's registerable, runs and drives.

·
Still Diggin
634 Posts
Good luck ive been looking all over the place for another reg cab chore truck and all i can come up with are high milage 24vs. I cant even seem to find a 7.3 with a manual tranny.

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn...that's pretty tough. Guess I will just keep my eyes open

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump...can't blame anyone for not wanting to sell one

·
645 Posts
12 valve manual trans truck are hard to find and bring top $$, Because all the working class guys (that can't afford to buy new) want manual trans, and most of the new truck buyers are yuppies that are to lazy to shift and will by another truck in a year or so anyway. Also all the companies that buy work truck want them to be Slush-O-Matics because they think (know) that many of there employees can't operate a manual trans.

We have a few 12 valve autos that we want to swap to manuals, It is very hard to find junk trucks with sticks, 100s with auto, I think I am going to go to med/heavy duty route for manual trans for these dodge pickups.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts